Alex VDL!!

Giant Baba

Dude, I just downloaded one of your songs ("Alone in a crowd") for the hell of it, and man oh man, you kick some major ass!!

It really makes me feel like crap, you've only been playing for a short time longer than me, and you blow me out of the water.

My apologies if this is the wrong forum to post this in, but, kudos to you, Alex!

I've been playing for close to 8 years, and I'm going to be starting lessons next month....I've should have done that at the beginning, lol. I don't what scales are, nothin' like that. I mean, I'm not a completely horrendous player, but not on most of you peoples' levels.

Anyway, I'm downloading the rest of Alex's songs ASAP.

Later, folks

Guest AlexVDL

Hahaha you're so wrong Wes... the last couple of years I only bought and sold guitars. I actually barely touch a guitar at home now, only once a week when I go to rehearse with my band, or at a gig. Don't ask me why... but maybe it's because my whole rig is set up in our rehearsal studio. I'm too lazy to bring it home every week, and I'm too broke to buy a new rig for use at home :D

Giant Baba, thank you very much bro!! I play the guitar for 11 years now, and the first 3 years I practised a lot. I even slept with my guitar :D But when I went to highschool and college I didn't had much time anymore to practise. Those songs on my website are 4 years or older, and to me they sound a bit crappy :D

Once I have the time again I will record some new stuff. It will definately be BETTER than the songs on my site!

B)

Any requests for a cover song??? :D

why yes it is.i have quite a few faster than that,but i know you could handle it.

but that metallica thing is gravy for me.i am big on building speed.i sometimes just practice staccato riffs for hours at a time.i find that if i practice at a fast pace like that it makes regular riffing so much easier.

but i would like to hear some speed rythm from you.

• 3 weeks later...