Ebay Volume Box

slayer63636

In a word.... No not really..

Theoretically if you had a series effects loop it would work. But if you had a parallel one it wouldn't work too well. Anyway.. if you have a decent amp with effects send and return level knobs you can do the same job with a patch lead.

Wouldn;t buy one anyway. Cost a few dollars to make the damned thing if you wanted to try it.

S

:D

In a word.... No not really..

Theoretically if you had a series effects loop it would work. But if you had a parallel one it wouldn't work too well. Anyway.. if you have a decent amp with effects send and return level knobs you can do the same job with a patch lead.

Wouldn;t buy one anyway. Cost a few dollars to make the damned thing if you wanted to try it.

S

:D

how would you make it? any idea where i can find more info on making one? i tryed a search but didnt really get anywhere

...Power Brake, Hot Plate, Power Soak...

Don't confuse this with those - they are all output attenuators, and actually lower the signal level at the speaker output (post power amp). This is just a pot in a box - if your F/X loop is series (as Sambo mentioned), it'll act like a master volume (so no power tube distortion), and if it's parallel, it won't do anything! Fifteen bucks probably isn't unreasonable for it, so long as it's in a sturdy enclosure, but his "I own the copyright..." and "...Patent pending..." copy tends to make me less than confident.