2 Button Footswitch For Crate Mx65r

thewrathofraf

Hey. I have been searching for a couple days now and havent been able to find what im lookkin for. I just got a crate mx65r and it didnt come with a footswitch. I just wanted to know if any knew how to make a 2 button switch for this thing. i have a 1 button one that i use for my blue voodoo. i tried that but it doesnt work. it has the gain channel which has 2 different gains on it and it has a clean channel. you can switch from the gain to clean, but u cant switch the different gains. any way any help that you guys could give would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

-RAF

just build one... Or buy one, most switches will work...

I'm looking at building one for my blue voodoo combo... all you need are 2 on/off switches (Carling does them), a *very* cheap 1/4" cable (no sound goes to it) and a radio shack box! :D

Now the problem is to find those switches... I know Digikey carries them... 6.76$ CDN each... I've calculated about 20$CDN total (16$US) for a box that would probably cost me 30-40$ If i bought one in a store.

Edited by Pr3Va1L

Does that amp use a stereo 1/4 inch jack for the footswitch? You may want to try a Cliff replacement switch

im not sure if its stereo. i know that when i put te single footswitch that i made into it and i only put it part of the way it just switches the gain selection, if i put it all the way in it switches from gain channel to clean annel, but it doesnt stay on the gain selection that i like. so i guess thats where im running into the problem. thanks.

-RAF

...when i put te single footswitch that i made into it and i only put it part of the way it just switches the gain selection, if i put it all the way in it switches from gain channel to clean annel, but it doesnt stay on the gain selection that i like. ...
It's definitely stereo.