Need A Simple Delay Effect

chibi

I'm looking for the simplest delay effect diagram and part list...

like i'm talking so simple that a PCB board isn't necessary for the build.

If you have anything that can help me, please hurry, i'm making an order tonight so i want to put something else with it such as parts for a simple effect like a delay.

If you have anything that can help me, please hurry, i'm making an order tonight so i want to put something else with it such as parts for a simple effect like a delay.

There are several ways to make a delay circuit. To my knowledge, none of them are remotely simple. Of the circuits I've seen, I wouldn't attempt to build any without an etched or printed circuit board.

Sorry...no such animal...delays are complicated and the parts typically expensive...

A very large room or a canyon will give a natural delay...hahaha...oppps...sorry

How do you mean you are in a hurry cause you are putting together an "order"???

OH...i did see someone wire a pickup into really long trem springs of a strat to make a reverb...that was cool!!!

A fuzz is about the only thing that easy...or a sustainer circuit...hahaha...opps...sorry, pete

:D <<< sometimes the worlds opinion is correct!!!

I've built a few delays. One digital and all others analog. If you want simple, look into the Panasonic bucket brigades.

I would get the book that describes the bucket brigade devices. It'll give you a few cook book circuits which (from memory) cover the basics of MN3101, MN3005 and such. You'll need their clock chip, and their bucket brigade device to make any of their delays. The rest is just adding some simple op amps, and a power supply.

I wish I could say that it was easy to build one, but even having made a few, I cut a lot of corners and prototyped several before I found something that worked.

I wish I had a picture of the spaghetti monster that made the digital delay. That thing was HUGE and used some recycled PC computer parts. It sure did sound cool. And I could play around with some really retarded sounding echos by setting the clock rate to really really low. :D

---

go to www.digikey.com and search for part number 9102B-ND

I saw one here:

http://www.tonepad.com/

but it wasn't all that simple, lol.

Don't get so worked up about PCB's. They're easy enough to make, Radio Shack has that kit, comes with two small boards, etchant, a pen for marking the parts of the board not being etched, drill bit and something else I can't remember. It won't look as pretty as the ones you order since you'll be hand drawing it but you could do it without much trouble. I've seen this kit at my local The Source for $20 Cdn. Another option is that blue stuff, I forget what it's called. Basically you print on it with your printer then iron it onto your PCB, peel off the backing and etch.

Been there, done that. Won't etch my own any more.

There's a Canadian company that I've used in the past that does top notch work. google Alberta Circuits and that should get you there.

Of course then you have to figure out a cad program to lay out all the circuit traces.

You could also get into perf board and do one that way, or wire wrap a quick and dirty one.

Alas, this is why I don't futz with electronics any more. My tollerance for working with small parts is just not what it used to be. I like working on guitars and just the simple volume/tone pots kind of stuff. I'll leave the small details to you young wipper snappers.

:D

---

Shoot, I checked out that tone pad site. They sell the board and everything already. Just buy it from them.