Motherbuckers

xbonez182

Hey, I've just ordered a set of Mighty Mite Motherbuckers for my SG. Just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for some schematics. I have been on the Mighty Mite site, but not quite clear on which wires go where. Ie two wires get soldered together but it doesn't show where they go from there.....

Any pointers?

Bobby

>MSN - xbonez182@gmail.com

>Email - xbonez182@blueyonder.co.uk

the two wires that get soldered together just stay together, wrap them in electric tape or heat shrink tubing to isolate the two wires from the rest of the electronics

Thanks Nitefly, what about the HOT and GROUND wires? Sorry this is my first time and I can't seem to find any decent tutorials on the motherbucker. If it helps they are blue and black.

Bobby

:D:D

The hot wire is basically the wire that the magnetic pickup is going to send out into watever wiring you have and out through the jack. The ground is like other grounds in circuitry to be soldered best in this case on the guitar shieding or the back of the pots.

I am not experienced well and not 100% sure on how to explain. The best person here is someone like psw or paul marrossy. This is their section. PM them.

I just looked at the Mighty Mite site and the Motherbucker has 4 conductor wires - the blue is hot and the black is ground and the red / white are soldered together. Since you are making an SG, I'm assuming you have 2 volume and 2 tone knobs and a 3 position switch. As an example, here is a diagram for that configuration from the Seymour Duncan site that includes a coil split. The conductor color references will be different so you need to follow the MM ones. There are lots of diagrams on this site so you can pick the one that meets your needs. Hope this helps.

clicky

I just looked at the Mighty Mite site and the Motherbucker has 4 conductor wires - the blue is hot and the black is ground and the red / white are soldered together. Since you are making an SG, I'm assuming you have 2 volume and 2 tone knobs and a 3 position switch. As an example, here is a diagram for that configuration from the Seymour Duncan site that includes a coil split. The conductor color references will be different so you need to follow the MM ones. There are lots of diagrams on this site so you can pick the one that meets your needs. Hope this helps.

clicky

Hey, seems to make sense to me. Just two more q's:

- With this being a coil split and mine not. Would it mean that as opposed to the push pull switch being wired to the red and white wires, I just solder them together much the same as the neck pu?

- What is the ground pooint in an SG? Or will it be marked?

A ground point is like the earth line in a power plug. The ground on a guitar will just get rid of any unwanted signals = leading to a guitar with less hum. THe more you ground, the less the fuzz basically.

It doesn't matter what guitar you have, there is still a basic circuit at least involved and ground can be anthing metalic that is not a part of the circuit. So in this case, the stoptail and TOm bridge of the SG can ground to the back of pots, shielding, pickups, and the pots themselves should be wired to ground.

P.S I learnt by opening up my guitars and staring at the wiring seeing which went where. And from there I think you'll find the ground spots.