I Just Finished My First Guitar!

i have just finished building my first guitar! monhs of work have payed off. I built it out of oroco wood it is denser then mahogany! but i took out the wieght like a thinline tele and set it up with a gibson with the hardware and neck style but i made it as a bolt on rather then glueing it in as i felt it safer for my first guitar. its got a beautifull top i will try and get a picture up soon for you all to look at it really does play well. But i just wanted to share my ecitement as i did it as a GCSE project im only 16 and its the first big building project of any kind ive done. only faults i can find is that its still to heavy even after the hollowing out i gave it and ive still got to lower the action as im use to really low ones but at the moment it is a little high but easily playable

here are some pics of it for you to have a look at, inspect, grade, criticise anything.

the body

the whole thing

the table i reclaimed the body wood from

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h237/tomg666/MVC-006S.jpg

and a picture of half of the guitar routed wings

MVC-005S.jpg

First of all, one pic per post as per forum rules... Second I removed 2 of your pics, once you remove your NICE finger from them you can upload again. This is your first warning, the next one will be a nice vacation to read only land!!!

Edited by Maiden69

uh oh...the mods will have a field day with this

they have a crappy rule of only1 pic per post

thats a great shape!and the wood has turned out great in the finish

Edited by whitey

Really cool.

I like the modified SG body shape.

As it happens, I made my first guitar out of a maple table my mom got at a auction sale.

That was in 1979 or so and I was around 27 then so you have a few years head start on me.

I'm a teacher so I'm wondering what a GCSE project is.

I spend my days with people your age so you should feel really proud of this project.

It's way.... better than anything I see our shop kids do.

Keep up the good work,

d ward

Really cool.

As it happens, I made my first guitar out of a maple table my mom got at a auction sale.

That was in 1979 or so and I was around 27 then so you have a few years head start on me.

I spend my days with people your age so you should feel really proud of this project.

Keep up the good work,

d ward

Really cool.

Keep up the good work,

d ward

i come from the uk so gcse's are like your final year of high skool exams i think or sumin anyway thanks and i havent used this forum for a while so i forgot about the mods so sorry if i piseed you off it was not ment

Nice guitar. Congratulations. Did you make the neck yourself, with inlays, binding and all? What kind of finish does it have?

One small note: You might want to bone up on your spelling and punctuation; it would make your posts much easier to read.

Again, good job. You're already way ahead of me!

too bad i cant see any links to the actuall guitars finished product. All i see is a link with a pic of a table and a pic of the guitar shape.