Fav guitar? make

cartersymes

Whats your favourite guitar make? (electric)  

145 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

PRS guitars

Warwick basses - especially this one!

pauls_buzzardl.jpg

Played many Ibanez over the years, and they don't suit my way of playing. Vive la difference!

What I'm saying is exactly that, as well as after playing for 30 years come this December 26, I'm too old to get into the old "my x is better than your y" type discussions.

I've played just about every one of the classic brands and types of guitars, owned many of them, and as this thread invites people to state their faves, I did just that.

I'm pleased for you that you've found a favourite, as that will no doubt

enhance your enjoyment of playing. I've found mine too, and it pays its way too, just like all my other instruments.

hey Snork,

Get back to the lil' snorkie guitar! No need to get into a "this sucks, that is better" argument.

Some instruments suit your style, some don't. Personally I wouldn't even touch a Japanese basswood monkeygrip guitar, but that doesn't mean they suck. They're just not my thing.

If everybody would play the very same guitar, life would be boring... agree? :D

Well, we're all entitled to our opinions, but that's what they are. I like all my guitars, but I've never played any Ibanez that I consider a keeper. For me to play, with my hands, and taste for neck shape and sounds, etc.

..... but I've never played any Ibanez that I consider a keeper.....

Yeah I totally understand why people dont like them, and I dont get too upset when people bash them. Its all about what your comfortable with.

And by what I said in the earlier post, was just a feeble attempt at defended Snork's narrow point of view :D

STFU! :D. I happened to love a lot of other guitars besides prs's. I like les pauls because i have HUGE respect for the originality and tone they possess and that tehy were one of the first great electrics, and same with fender. i love fender strats and teles. i love most guitars. prs's i just happened to thoroughly hate.

I see the favorite seems to be Ibanez, null for me, just wanted to see where everyone was at. Well, have any of you Ibanez fans seen and played guitars put out by that company when they were just beginning? Unbelievably, cheap Fender and Gibson knockoffs. I can remember one axe they had that was made of solid clear acrylic, must've weighed about 20 lbs! It took them about 20 yrs. to finally work out their own designs and start producing quality guitars, then Joe Satriani did the rest.

Anyway, nothing against Ibanez. Most will vote for the guitar brand(s) that they own. I see no one has mentioned Hagstroms, yes, I own one. Original designs, for the most part, from the getgo, slimmest and fastest neck ever built. Definitely an underrated guitar. But not my total favorite. I guess I'm just a Fender man at heart.

i voted ibanez, but teisco has a place in my heart.

Snork, you and i are twins or something. I mean, i love ibanezes, you do, i think prs are only sho guitars, and suck, and you do, we both realize Ibanez are a wroking man's guitar, and they have THE lowest action out there, and the nicest necks (wizards.....).

And i've deducted a final one: We both play blues on our ibanezes. I mean, along with metal, but most people don't touch ibanezes with blues, but they (with stock pups) are blues monsters.

IBANEZ!!! :DB):D:D:DB)B)B)

paleeze. there really isnt too much difference between a strat and a jem besides the wood. strats use alder where as jems use basswood. and jems are a little prettier. and have 2 hums and a single PAF. allow for a TON of tone. where as with a PRS. ***. what sound is a prs known for other than drop tuning power chords?