Finally Have Cigarbox Amp Clips Up On My Website...

Boggs

For those of you that don't know or remember, I make small 9v battery-powered "2-channel" amps that I choose to mount in cigar boxes (hence the name). I finally, courtesy of my website designer Jose Kercado, have put a clip of Jose playing his tele into his J-Station with controls at 5 and a bit of reverb on a clean patch and then into the CigarBox amp first on low gain and then switched to high gain. He goes from bridge to middle to neck on low gain and from neck to middle to bridge then on high gain. It'll give you an idea of the character of this little monster...

It is at www.rockbeachguitars.com . The page describing and picturing them is the CigarBox Amp link on the side menu, and the sound clip is on the "Listen to them" link a bit higher up in the side menu. Have fun! Boggs

No offense intended, but why would anyone buy one of your amps without a case or a volume control when Bruce Zinky is selling the original Smokey amps (with case and speaker) for half that price? Isn't your amp essentially the same thing, with fewer features, or is there something that makes it special that your website doesn't describe clearly?

I agree that it sounds great-- just want to make sure all thread readers understand that the J-Station is an amp emulator, though... so most of the "tweed" tone going on there is courtesy of the J-Station and not the amp in and of itself.

That doesn't mean that the product isn't cool and worth getting, just that it won't have that exact tone just by plugging in a guitar. :D

Greg