Two Part Poly And Createx.

I got a guitar painted and i am taking it to my automotive sprayer on mon or tue of next week. He said something about the stuff that he sprays may bust up the paint. Do you think that I'll be okay with acrylic paint like createx or brush on paints. I just don't feel like painting it again nor do i feel like stripping it. Thanks I appreciate it

Venom :D:D

If its createx paint you may have problems its mainly designed for paper/t-shirts. There is a version of createx paints called AutoAir. It is designed to go under 2 part poly. You should be able to find it at your local airbrush supply store.

the createx autoair stuff will work fine under 2 part poly. if that is the stuff you used, then your cool, however, if you used something else and want to be absolutely sure, spray a sample piece and take it to your sprayer to test with.

I didn't use the auto-color I used the regular createx paint. The auto-air is hard to find all the other colors.

Venom

Createx airbrush or auto air will be great under any clear coat, they are water based and dry in minutes... People get your facts straight before posting, if you don't have any experience with the type of paint asked don't post!!!

Jeremy used to use Createx, he use HOK right now....

Createx airbrush or auto air will be great under any clear coat, they are water based and dry in minutes... People get your facts straight before posting, if you don't have any experience with the type of paint asked don't post!!!

Jeremy used to use Createx, he use HOK right now....

K, not to be a smart EDIT but you might care to follow your own advice. But Not all createx paint is designed to go under 2 part poly. Recently Autoair hs removed the word createx from the bottles to differentiate the two. That being said you may get away with the poster/t-shirt paint (Test piece would be the way to go). If you got it to work for you all the power to ya. But its not meant to be used that way. If I were going to pay someone to paint my guitar I wouldnt want to pay them twice. Always follow the manufacturer's instructions.

Saying it would work with all clear coats is a very blanket statement. All kinds of things can happen including adhesion problems.

Edited by Maiden69

maiden...

if you were not referring to me, have a nice day.

btw, you should really take it easy... life is too short to get stressed out!

I will have a nice day!!!

You should see me stressed out!!!

K, not to be a smart EDIT but you might care to follow your own advice. But Not all createx paint is designed to go under 2 part poly. Recently Autoair hs removed the word createx from the bottles to differentiate the two. That being said you may get away with the poster/t-shirt paint (Test piece would be the way to go). If you got it to work for you all the power to ya. But its not meant to be used that way. If I were going to pay someone to paint my guitar I wouldnt want to pay them twice. Always follow the manufacturer's instructions.

Saying it would work with all clear coats is a very blanket statement. All kinds of things can happen including adhesion problems.

I don't think it is a blanket statement. It is water based, it will be completely dried before the clear gets applied... which means no interaction between the different type of coats. Like I said, LGM, Daveq and my self have used this under 2 part poly, so have many airbrush artist, try going to a few airbrush sites and you will find out.

I'm so mad that the pics posted by Jeremy are down, but read on the type of paints that he used.

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.ph...findpost&p=9166

I don't think that you can argue with his expertize on the painting field...

The fact still remains that it is not designed to be used that way. And this guy is going to shell out about $100-300 for a paint job. I hope he doesn't waste his money thats all.

Yeah right..I am only paying 40$ for a automotive sprayer to clear my guitars. I paint them since I don't have a booth he clears them. I appreciate all the replies. I certainly was scared that my paint would get messed up and I don't want that to happen.

Thanks

Venom

yeah, $40 is a great deal. heck, if i found someone who would only charge me $40, i wouldn't have to crank up my compressor any more. at any rate, even though the $40 is a great deal, it's the paint stripping and sanding that would bother me if anything went wrong.

i guess you shouldn't have to worry about that since maiden states that there are some people here who have had good success with all the createx products.

hmm... why would i want to see maiden stressed? ah, that wouldn't be entertaining to me! i think i would rather watch eric johnson cranking out some licks.

Yeah great price but being a young kid trying to make it own my own, I hit another wall. TAXES. They suck I hate em' but this'll delay both of the projects I am working on by like a week or so! Anyway i'll post them when I am done here.

Thanks for all the comments