Looking For An 8-12 Channel Pre-amp

Thoughtless 7

Ouch! You are just under the price of a decent 8-channel unit. An M-Audio Octane 8 or a Studio Projects would run about $550.00. A FocusRite Octo or Behringer could run as low as $250.00 but I have heard noisy versions of both. Stay away from Nady, SM or any other $100.00 wonder. In your price range I would either buy 4 Audio Buddys or the FocusRite.

Preamps ROCK!! :D

WOW!! $115.00! I have been paying $74.95 ea. Now everyone is out of stock. It is hard to get 8 good, quiet preamps in one package for much less than $300.00. That said, there are some thousand-dollar units (Mackie) out there that are not as good as the Behringer. Every once in a while I will see a PreSonus on Ebay but it is Ebay. Don't really want to go there but I did get a good deal on a used set of automotive diagnostic scanners last month.

Ebay sometimes ROCKS!! :D

That said, there are some thousand-dollar units (Mackie) out there that are not as good as the Behringer.

Sorry but that is pretty much one of the least exprienced expressions I've heard in a while. :D

Pretty much every Behringer mixer or pre made has cheap pots and cheap faders and if you get one that all channels still work after 3 years, you're lucky.

When it comes to mixer's or pre-amp units (especially pre-amp units), you get what you pay for!

I'd suggest the Mackie 1202-VLZ PRO or Mackie 1604-VLZ PRO (this one's over budget a bit). Really depends on application, how many buses you'll need...etc. The pre's are very clean, the pots, faders and switches on both are the same quality. Just go to a music store, move a fader up and down on a Behringer then go do the same on a Mackie. You'll see. :D