2hb+3way+tone?

Jens

I'm building a custom guitar and I'm wondering if anyone knows how to wire 2 HBs to a ON/ON/ON mini-switch and a tone pot? I don't want a volume pot on this guitar and I'm a beginner when it comes to soldering electronics so I don't really know how... :D

Could anyone please make/find/post a wiring schematic for me? :D

Thanks before hand.

Sorry to post a reply that's not directly helpful, but: why no vol? I've heard of many people skipping the tone control, but never anybody skipping the volume control. Worst case scenario, you only ever have it on "full" or on "zero", that's still something important to have. You're feeding back like mad and you can't pinpoint the cause of it, muting with palm isn't quite cutting it, you reach for the volume.

OR, even if it's not really about controlling the overall "volume", in conjunction with an amp, the 'volume' control can act to clean up or dirty up your sound. The gain stage of your amp may be such that it compresses the heck out of the signal and volume doesn't really change the actual "volume", but you can still affect the sound with it.

Volume swells, the rare time you need them....

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure you must have a reason for it, but even if the reason comes down to a simple, "Meh, I always leave it turned all the way up anyhow," I still strongly recommend putting one in.

Now, the tone control on the other hand... unless it's an active tone control... virtually useless. :D

Greg

:D

No doubt that a volume pedal works the same as a volume knob in terms of regulating... er... volume. I don't think that negates the usefulness of having one on board. :D

I've never met anyone who did away with the volume but kept the tone. I'm just curious about the reasoning behind it, not saying that it's "definitely" a bad plan, just that it's an interesting one and I'd be curious to find out its motivation.

Greg

It's just that the guitar that I'm copying, a Caparison Marcury, has neither a volume or a tone pot JUST a 3-way-switch. Personally I never change the volume when I play but I do change the tone so I thought that it would be more useful to me if I were to only add one pot.