Choppers Music On Ebay

Bluetic

I just want to give you guys a heads up on Choppers music. I ordered some parts from these guys on May 17th. I just got them yesterday 6-5. The parts were great quality, but the shipping took forever. Almost three weeks I think is ridiculous. I know it says on their Ebay store site that shipping takes a while due to circumstances out of their control. However, when I received my package. The date that is on the "Canada post" slip attached to the box was may 31st. That means they waited two weeks before they even shipped my items. I was wondering if they even keep this stuff in stock or if they order from their supplier after we order and pay them.

I also ordered some stuff from Jeff Elam (calcustomax) on the same date. I received those items within one week. Shipping from California to Indiana less than one week. Shipping from Alberta Canada to Indiana almost three weeks. :D

I've ordered a couple of times from Choppers and it took about 3 weeks both times. It says 9 to 14 business days on the listings--that's up to 3 weeks. If you read it and understood it, what's your beef? You did read it, right?

I did, and that's why I've never ordered from them. Although they seem to have found GFS' source for parts --looks like it's all pretty much the same stuff. But at least guitarfetish ships really quickly, no complaints there.

• 4 weeks later...

ya know, before the "internerd" (and computer stock counting) and the ability to whinge and complain at the drop of a hat on some random forum, effecting someone business that they worked really hard to build up, shipping took a lot longer. I remember waiting 19 weeks for guitar parts and merchandise.

ya know, before the "internerd" (and computer stock counting) and the ability to whinge and complain at the drop of a hat on some random forum, effecting someone business that they worked really hard to build up, shipping took a lot longer. I remember waiting 19 weeks for guitar parts and merchandise.

Ha, I remember having to walk for 19 weeks just to mail the letter to order the parts. Kids today, they don't know how easy they got it. :D:D

Of course, these days, if they can't ship immediately, it means 'they' don't really exist. It's just some sweaty overweight guy sitting in his underwear in front of the computer in his bedroom waiting until his auction ads have generated enough purchases so he can place his bulk order with the wholesaler in China or Hong Kong or whereever. Basically he's selling air.

I'd say that's a good reason to avoid the guy, all whining and complaining aside. There are plenty of places that are selling stuff they actually HAVE.

They're not perfect. But in their defense the combined shipping is just the price of the highest shipping amount. Basically a flat rate of $5. C'mon, for the most part that does not even cover the actual shipping! If you're going to complain, complain about a legitimate problem with their business. Shipping with them is a steal despite the longer shipping time.

On a side note, avoid their black hardware. It is truely a horrible cloudy black finish. (then again all black korean hardware is like that)

I also ordered some stuff from Jeff Elam (calcustomax) on the same date. I received those items within one week. Shipping from California to Indiana less than one week. Shipping from Alberta Canada to Indiana almost three weeks. :D

California to Indiana is transit within one country. Alberta to Indiana is transit across international boundaries, things like customs take time. As an example, I placed an order through Stew Mac a few weeks back. The day I realized I ordered the wrong part, called them up and was told the order had already gone out, but they'd ship out the part I needed that same day no problems.

So, I had two packages from Stew Mac, shipped same day, a few hours apart.

The package that was sent second arrived first, the first package sent arrived a week later. The difference? The first package had to go through customs and duty had to be paid.