$50 Strat

So, yes, i have done it. I built a strat for around 50 or so dollars and seeing as it's my first project I thought I'd put it up.

Well, It started when a guy was selling an allparts strat body on ebay for really cheap because he was going to turn it into an Eric Clapton strat but the person that machined the battery compartment out, screwed up and it would not be conciled by the back trem plate so I got it for 20.00.

Since I had to the body I decided, since im only 16 and don't run into money that often, to keep with the theme and try and get the neck for cheap. I got a neck from some off brand manufacturer for 12.50 and That came.

After I had the neck I realized that it would not fit into the pocket and I was going to have to fit it and that took awhile because I had to narrow the heel down, dowl the holes (because they were crooked), and decrease the thickness of the heel, but eventually I got it in and realized that the neck had a large bow in it. So finally I adjusted the truss rod and finished of the neck.

With the neck fitted, I installed all the hardware and electronics which I had from my first electric guitar ($100) which was a strat knock off.

After the guitar was strung up It took it to where my amp was (1973 Fender Super Six Reverb Oh yeah) and in spite of the $5.00 PU's it sounded sweet and I end up using this guitar more than I use me epipphone sg LP jr (I'm still a P-90 man tho).

Well, here is the end result for $50.

Still need to do:

Cut and paint the headstock(same as body so it looks like a 1995 Strat)

Get the body laquered

Buy Schaller Tuners

Get some fender noiseless PU's

front

Body

Head

Back

Back of Body

Any Comments :D

Looking good so far! I'm not sure that getting the expensive tuners and PUs will be a wise move, though. If you're going to dump a bunch of money into it, get a sweet neck to go with it. It LOOKS great, but as a generic neck (Saga-type, I'm guessing), it's not going to be the epitome of greatness.

Sure wish *I* had the kind of eBay luck you've had, though!

Greg

:D 50 bucks!? That looks great. Congrats on your first project. How is the neck? I've been thinking of getting a similar one, maybe the same kind.

:D 50 bucks!? That looks great. Congrats on your first project. How is the neck? I've been thinking of getting a similar one, maybe the same kind.

Apparently It's similar to a saga neck but it works fine. You can heard some buzz with out it plugged in but once you plug it in, you can't hear any buzz.