Mikhail #2

It's just slabs of wood right now... lots more planning and layout to do, but here's a Photoshop'd glimpse of things to come:

bookmatch.jpg

mahogany back

- Semi-hollow Singlecut-style w/ f-holes

- Carved figured maple top

- One-piece Honduran mahogany back

- Mahogany set-neck, 25" scale

- Brazilian rosewood fingerboard

- 2 Lindy Fralin PAF humbuckers w/ coil split

- L.R. Baggs T-Bridge

Still gotta finish the first one, though. :D

Mike

:D:DB)

Thats basically all I have to say

If you send me a couple bucks, I might be willing to take that off your hands...

Wow that is amazing. It looks like some sort of bronze artwork of an ancient temple or something. I would have to leave it natural.

I would have to leave it natural.

I agree. It has a nice golden shimmery thing going.

[is 'shimmery' even a word? :blink: ]

that is the most beautifull peice of maple i have ever seen, the pic makes it look like liquid good rippling :D

Gazeth thou into yonder Flamey Avatar and reciteth from the Book of Precepts of Mikhail the Mapler: :D

I. Thou shalt enhance thine Acer Macrophyllum with all manner of Dyes of Aniline, that thine figure might be beautified.

II. Shouldst thou be tempted to enhanceth not thine Acer Macrophyllum, referest thou to Precept I.

III. Thou shalt finish thine Acer Macrophyllum with Lacquers of Nitrocellulose, that thine instrument might shine forth.

IV. Shouldst thou be tempted to finish thine instrument with the Oils of Tru, referest thou to Precept III.

Yikes, I'm starting to sound like a certain Castle dweller... :D

Gazeth thou into yonder Flamey Avatar and reciteth from the Book of Precepts of Mikhail the Mapler: :D

I. Thou shalt enhance thine Acer Macrophyllum with all manner of Dyes of Aniline, that thine figure might be beautified.

II. Shouldst thou be tempted to enhanceth not thine Acer Macrophyllum, referest thou to Precept I.

III. Thou shalt finish thine Acer Macrophyllum with Lacquers of Nitrocellulose, that thine instrument might shine forth.

IV. Shouldst thou be tempted to finish thine instrument with the Oils of Tru, referest thou to Precept III.

Yikes, I'm starting to sound like a certain Castle dweller... :D

Can we have 1 of these as like.. uhhhhh.... like a motto or something? for PG?

That'd be hilarious... and cool at the same time. B)

The nerdiest thing I've heard from here. (in a good way!)

and for that maple.. I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THAT A FIGURE AS SUCH COULD EXIST! YOU PHOTOSHOP-ED IT!!!

(keep telling myself this.. and eventually, it'll become true.. :D )

Can we have 1 of these as like.. uhhhhh.... like a motto or something? for PG?

Aye, but Mickguard the Maple-Hater wouldst protest much... :D

I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THAT A FIGURE AS SUCH COULD EXIST! YOU PHOTOSHOP-ED IT!!!

(keep telling myself this.. and eventually, it'll become true.. :D )

maplebillet.JPG

Yeah, it's fake. B)

Maybe I should have an auction Mike :D . Just kidding B)

Rich

Agghhhh, should've held onto that pic a little longer! Sounds like I need to make a trip to Oregon to shoo the vultures away... :D:D

Next time you cross the Oregon line, you better be bearing wood.

Looks great.

Marty

The b/r/w fingerboard arrived safe and sound from AU today... can't wait to get home and check it out. :D

I'm rethinking the scale length... I've been listening to a lot of Mr. Lifeson's 355 lately... just love that 355/Hiwatt sound. :D

Anybody care to venture an opinion on 25" scale vs. 24-3/4" or 24-9/16"?

It all depends on what music you wan't to play with it (ie what tones you would need).

For sure...

I just haven't been able to perform a good PRS vs. Gibson comparison, in order to hear/feel the difference that 1/4" - 7/16" makes. I guess it's time to pay a visit to Guitar Center. :D

Just act like you have money and are interested, they will let you play whatever you want. I do it all the time :D:DB)

Didn't even have to pretend last time...

My son and I had time to kill awhile back, so we went and hung out at Dusty Strings (a high end acoustic shop) and then ventured over to GC. We started out playing the cheaper floor models, then the salesman offered to take some of the nicer PRS models down from the top rack for us to try. B)

It probably helps to be 40+ and playing something other than the buzzy nu-metal that permeates the air there. :D