Just a heads up - I've been offline for about a week now, since my router (internet one!) died. Folks who have emailed or PM'ed, I've read 'em (now, at a friends house) but don't have time to reply - as soon as I'm back online I'll reply, but when that happens depends on how soon I get a new router. Play nice without me till then...

HAHA just make sure you dont get the linksys wmp54g router. Look on any site, it gets the worst reviews because they switched to such cheap parts. I have one and i get almost no range out of it and it drops packets like the dickens.

Find one the Zack Wilde would aprove of. Just my 2 cents haha

My old WAG54 (ADSL modem-router combo) died, had terrible range, but within the 2-year warranty period. So I got a free replacement unit, new, works much better, far, far better wireless performance and zero dropped packages.

Well, it really all depends on what model, what kind, et cetera. Linksys is known for making exceptionally good products at one point, but at the same time having terrible products in their line up.

Wired broadband routers (Non-wireless) from Linksys generally tend to be great products that last a long time. I've only heard minimal complaints about these, and it comes from a very technical aspect from some of my former dorm-mates (TCP forwarding problems), but of course, there may be those rogue systems that just wont work, as with any product.

Wireless routers from Linksys tend to be a little sketchy. I've only heard bad things about the wireless B routers, and conflicting reports on the plain G routers, but the G routers with Speedbooster all tend to stay connected on a constant stream and last a long time. The newer generation systems (N, SRX) are the same way, but who really wants to pay $150 for a router and $80 for a card to get a good connection if you don't live in the Mall of America.

Point being? If you stick to wired, you should be good, and if you go to wireless, stick to the G with Speedbooster or better if you want to last awhile.

Just my technical advice.

I've had my fair share of problems with Linksys lower end models, but some models they make are great. I've had some that took forever to setup correctly. Sometimes even the software that lets you install it, make config changes to it, doesn't work. I've had it not work on more than a couple models, but like I said, some of them are great products. I personally would recommend a DLink one, much more robust, and seems to be more stable. Even though Cisco makes Linksys, they are under a different name for a reason.. lol I actually like Linksys, but sometimes they are a pain in the neck. If you had a choice I'd get a Belkin, D-Link, or Neatgear before a Linksys. But it's just my own opinion.

They used to be top quailty, but the competition was using cheaper parts and they couldn't compete except by using cheaper parts as well. Personally i will no longer by a router thats under 50 bucks. the 20 dollar ones die way to offen and have bad range and bad connection quality.

Enough of my rant welcome back!