Black Nashville Style Tom?

ive been looking on the net for a black nashville TOM and i cant find one for the life of me. all i see is gold, chrome, nickle. i dont want to spray paint it black. can anyone kindly direct me to a place that sells such a bridge.

also since this will be the first guitar ive ever owned or built without a floyd rose, what sizes of nut slot files should i acquire? the strings i will be using are d'addario 9's

I've got a black tune-o-matic from gotoh on order at my local music shop. They get all their stuff through all-parts, have you tried through there? I don't remember if it was Nashville-style or not, but I seem to remember there was some. (I prefer the large bushings and was trying to make sure I got those, I'm not actually sure of the difference between the different styles of TOM.)

On Ebay

These i think are made by the same Korean's that now make the Wilkinson stuff but can't be 100%. I've brought various stuff from this guy and some of it has come in Wilkinson packaging. Quality wise Schaller it's not but expensive it ain't either and everything i've brought has been of a reasonable quality (nothings broken or fallen apart) especially for the price.

Jem :D

• 2 weeks later...

what is the differance between nashville and a regular tom? i just wanted a nashville because thats what was on guitar i used to own.

Yeah, actually I was wondering the same thing when I was picking out my bridge.

Then I just got the only TOM that Carvin carried (which isn't even the "same" bridge they put on their guitars :D)

-Xanthus

The "Nashville" TOM uses the larger bushings and studs on the bridge and the bridge casing is thicker, while the "ABR-1" uses the older style thin screw-in studs. Some people swear that the ABR-1 gives you better sustain and tone, as usual, but the thin studs tend to lean after a while, altering intonation. The ABR-1 can also collapse over time if there is too much tension between the stop bar and the bridge.

The "Nashville" name is supposed to correspond with the myth that Gibson started using them on guitars that came out of the "new" Nashville factory over 25 years ago. The fact is that Gibson used the ABR-1 on everything up to the mid-70's, then started using some beefier Schaller pieces, then used both the ABR-1 and Nashville parts on guitars that came out of both Kalamazoo and Nashville. They continue to use both on Historic and production guitars today. My '04 LP Classic has a repro ABR-1 for its bridge as well.