I Could Use A Few Opinions, Please...

BJC132003

Ok, so about a year ago I bought an S101 SG style guitar. (Double horned cutaway) After playing it for this long, I realise that it was a mistake. It's a very unclear guitar and it's price is written all over it, really. When I was choosing, it was either this guitar or a Jackson (Dinky, I think). They were about the same price, but the Jackson was a lot more clear. My heart was set on an SG or SG type at the time. Has anyone ever owned or played an S101 Double Horned Cutaway? I realise I made a mistake in choosing, but do you think a trade in for the Jackson would be worth it? If not can you give me some details on a guitar for less then $300 that plays well and has a clear tone--especially in distortion? My playing styles range all over the place so it's hard to say. But ALL thoughts and opinions are deeply appreciated!!

Thanks!

I had thought of that, but I want a new guitar all together...not a cheap beginner's guitar.

Well, you came to the wrong place. Because we're going to tell you to build your own guitar. And you're going to start thinking about that idea...and then it's too late.

Seriously, you could build your own guitar for less than $300, assuming you already have access to tools. It make take a while, but you'll get there.

In the process, you'll also learn how to set up the guitar you have now to play better for you--and in the meantime, at least change the pickups (you can always use them later on the guitar you build).

But spending another $300 on another cheapo guitar is just not going to get you anywhere. If you really want a decent quality guitar, save your money up.

I dunno, I still think that Jackson sounded good. Not a bad price either...

Say I was to change the pickups...can you reccomend good pickups?

I have access to all the tools for building a guitar, but I don't have the money to screw up enough while learning, just yet. I'd rather be prepared.