Line6 Dl4 Alternative?

Alexander

Hi all,

I've had a Line6 DL4 delay modeler for about a year, but true to form it's crapped out - this seems like a common thing with the Line6 gear - sounds good, but it's not terribly well made.

If I can't fix it, I'm looking to get a replacement delay unit - does anyone have any suggestions? It's gotta be a stompbox and fit on my pedaltrain, but I'll miss the DL4 as it has some cool features I really liked. I don't want something too clinical/digital, but I don't want anything noisy either, and it's pretty much got to be true bypass.

Any suggestions guys?

line6 sounds great till it breaks

im a member of that forum and i love how everyone

says line 6 is the best ever and then their stuff breaks

they call and get no customer support

its just great sounding expensive junk that breaks alot

and everyone in their rag on tube amps for the same reason FOOEY!

I've had a Line6 DL4 delay modeler for about a year, but true to form it's crapped out - this seems like a common thing with the Line6 gear - sounds good, but it's not terribly well made.

Interesting, two of my sons have been using Line6 gear (heads, cabinets, modelers) for years without trouble (including road trips for gigs, etc). I'm sorry to hear your experience is different.

line6 sounds great till it breaks

im a member of that forum and i love how everyone

says line 6 is the best ever and then their stuff breaks

they call and get no customer support

its just great sounding expensive junk that breaks alot

and everyone in their rag on tube amps for the same reason FOOEY!

Really? I've never seen anyone being anything but honest, but I'm only in the TonePort/Gearbox section. Everyone there KNOWS that the TonePort has flimsy build quality, and just take care not to bang it around. :D

Greg

Well, it so happened my synth player was selling his DD3 so I've snapped that up for the time being - can't afford to replace the DL4 any time soon.

Interestingly, I've also got the MM4 in my rig, which is also great, and is also on the way out! Same thing - you press a button and it does all kinds of random stuff, lights flashing when they shouldn't be and so on. So I guess I'll probably end up replacing that with 2/3 boss pedals, which is exactly where I was before I went down the Line6 route!