Project Hades

Welp, I've decided to start planning for my next guitar. I made the decision to go with my own design which would be:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a166/Mar...l/hadesgood.jpg

(Don't mind the sad excuse for pickup drawings and TOM drawing :D and yes i know, the angle of the bridge is wrong haha)

If any of you have an opinion on my design, or can suggest some changes, I'll hear you out.

For hardware: All Gold

Gotoh Tuners

LR.Baggs Piezo TOM

Seymour Duncan SH JB set 1 tone 1 vol. and one 3 way selector

String thru ferrules (sp?)

It's going to be ALL Flame Maple, and Im want this guitar to be really thin, so I'm going to try for 1". I might make it a set neck (PRS Style).

One question though. If I have a piece of wood that is 2 1/16" thick, could I get a 1" bookmatched set?

Thanks

Edited by Hughes

Back to the design, looking at ur tunomatic orientation, is the 'non amputated' arm at the top or bottom of the guitar (in playing position)?

That kins of design reminds me of alot of basses with the long upper bout that wraps round the body when slung high. hmmmmm....

Just wondering because it would look better with the 'arm' on the upper bout.

Uhhhh.... 1" thick... :s That's all i'm gonna say. If you pull it off you're the next Mr. Parker. :D but i'd like to see it :D

S

If any of you have an opinion on my design, or can suggest some changes, I'll hear you out.

I just watched Sin City the other night. Looks a lot like the Kevin character, after his arms and legs have been chopped off. :D

Hes not wrong, i think it needs to be a bit curvier at the waist and i would probably ofset the body shape a little.

It really depends on what the guitar will look like at the end, i think the shape would suit a highly figured top but would not look good as a solid colour.

immediately it strikes me as a pretty good design, i dont get the stumpy feeling...

i do think its ass is a bit fat. if you imagine it looking at a woman sitting down... the bum is a bit wide and hips need to come in. unless you like your girls cuddly.

i do think its ass is a bit fat. if you imagine it looking at a woman sitting down... the bum is a bit wide and hips need to come in. unless you like your girls cuddly.

Shhhhh, it's sensitive. It really reminds me of a womans dress, with one strap falling down, now that you mentioned it looking like a woman.

i was planning on thinning out the bottom. what i really did was draw the top and then merge it in with a standard strat...feel free to take my design on to paint and SHOW me what you all mean...visuals are always good :D