New Project - 7 String Explorer Thing

Well guys, I think i'm going to follow the teachings of Master Drak on this one and feed it to a wall of destruction. There are too many flaws on the guitar for me to be remotely satisfied with it and just looking at it irritates me.

I'm going to get a template of the body and headstock and pretty much destroy it after that. I'm happy that I got the experience from the build (fretting, gluing, shaping...NOT USING TEMPLATES...) but the book is officially closed on this.

It might look cool in the pics, but there enough little imperfections on the guitar now that just drive me absolutely f'n crazy when i look at it. the construction itself went thru better than I hoped, the headstock turned out awesome, but the holes for the string thrus aren't lined up, the humbucker cavities don't look right to me, the recess for the tuneomatic bothers me....just so many things that I'll know are there. I might just cut the neck off the guitar as i think it turned out pretty good though.

the small holes for the string through don't line up where? on the back? or do you mean they don't line up with your bridge on the top? if its on the back, thats to be expected, as the drill bit is going to wander on you when you drill from front to back on the guitar... the key to fixing this is making a template with the holes for the large back ferules exactly where you want them so you can clamp it on the back of the guitar as a guide, and the position of the small hole won't matter...

i just destroyed my first guitar today...that carved top i did a while back....i was in the process of redoing it better,and after doing a perfect fret job in ss and thinning the body and redoing the carve,i tried to get fance with the body shape to make it aesthetically more pleasing...and i went too far and it just looked stupid....looking at it was making me nautious so i just killed it with a sledgehammer.

sad....but at least i got to test the strength of my set necks and glue joints...for the record,they hold together pretty damn well...but i was able to harvest the truss and cf rods unharmed.i hate losing the frets though...

no nitefly,it doesn't work like that.then it would not be a neck through at all,it would just be a set neck on a multilam body,in which i would have to make the body strat shaped to fit the heel i already had carved,and would have to keep it at a 24.75" scale...and i do neither 24.75" scale nor strats anymore...trust me,it was useless and as it was the second guitar i ever built,it was embarressing me to look at it...it won't be the last to die i am sure.

i don't run a salvage yard