Another 7 String

So this one....not sure what the hardware's gonna be. I managed to pick up this big 1.15 inch slab of flamed maple for 18 bucks, so i resawed it and now i've got this 1/2 inch maple bookmatched cap. I used the same body design as my 8 string (which has more progress!) but i'm unsure if this will be fixed bridge, floyd, kahler.....

The the other 1.25 inches is mahogany. Also - the line down the center is actually pencil, not a huge gap!

DSC00963.jpg

Edited by Canuck Brian

Love the shape. Really dig that eight string too. Are there seven-string TOMs? I think that would look real classy on that guitar.

yes there are.

I love that shape brian, your 8 string verson inspired me to design my own 8 string, great looking. oh yeah, if you wanted a locking trem you'd have to go with a floyd or ibanez or something, kahler doesnt make 7 string trems (unfortunetly), unless you get it custom made.

I was definitely leaning more towards the 7 string tune o matic with string thrus. I've got the bridge piece already, but i've also got another hipshot 7. Both are in gold though....

I've also got a 7 string lo pro edge in black. I talked to Kahler and I'd be looking around 600 USD for a custom kahler 7.

Thanks again for the nice words guys!

Deadly - dude, to say that I inspired you put the biggest smile on my face man, thanks.

On a different note, i also have this big slab of zebrawood that I got for 50 bucks. It's about 48 inches long and 1/2 inch thick. I have NO idea what to do with this. The prices on Zebrawood is usually nuts, so i thought this was kind of a steal.

DSC00964.jpg

Any ideas I was leaning at a neck thru multilam neck, hockey stick inline 6 headstock, mahogany wings with zebrawood caps on them.... black hardware.... but that's using less than a 3rd of this, probably less....

Maybe zebrawood neck laminates on a neckthru?

Edited by Canuck Brian

personaly, I'd go with the tuneomatic or hipshot, but thats because I'm not a big fan of trems. at least floyd styled ones. Never have had the opritunity to try a kahler though. anyways, I saw a double cut away lp with a zebra wood top, and it looked great, so theres an idea. Your idea sounds pretty bad ass too though. :D by the way I was wondering what is that in your avatar?