Texan - My First Build..

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post the specs of what you lost wood / guitar part wise. I'll donate to help you get those parts back. Even if we can't work something out for you to store your tools at my shop, you're more than welcome to come out and use the place to work.

well, I had two guitars in the box ready to assemble. So all the tuners, fret wire, truss rod, etc.. basically a complete set for each.

Then I had a router, a ton of bits, including the stew mac truss rod bit.

2 palm sanders...

the stewmac table fret saw, and 1 guide for it

files, chisels, drivers, sanders, etc

wood wise I lost a swamp ash and african mahogany body, 2 necks of mahogany/paduak. A bunch of wenge, mahogany body blank..

mess.jpg

t1.jpg

I bought many of the same tools when I got to texas, I couldnt wait on the box, first I was going to drive and get it, but there was some complication so I tried shipping it and it never got co-ordinated right so I said I would just pay whatever it costs to get it, and it was to late.

Im mainly upset about the stew-mac tools, my router, and the guitar parts.. that stuff was all brand new so its all lost..

I appreciate the offer for donation, that means a lot community wise. But its ok. It just saddening. I WILL be taking you up on the shop offer though if we cant get the other thing worked out, and Im probably contacting you soon for some fretboard stuff. My girlfriend couldnt really understand why it was upsetting, but the white one was my first guitar ever to be built. Its ugly, and needs work, but it was sentimental. my old roomate sucks for not telling me before deciding to toss it, but he has other stuff of mine im trying to get so I dont want to start a fight.

well, I had two guitars in the box ready to assemble. So all the tuners, fret wire, truss rod, etc.. basically a complete set for each.

Then I had a router, a ton of bits, including the stew mac truss rod bit.

2 palm sanders...

the stewmac table fret saw, and 1 guide for it

files, chisels, drivers, sanders, etc

wood wise I lost a swamp ash and african mahogany body, 2 necks of mahogany/paduak. A bunch of wenge, mahogany body blank..

mess.jpg

t1.jpg

I bought many of the same tools when I got to texas, I couldnt wait on the box, first I was going to drive and get it, but there was some complication so I tried shipping it and it never got co-ordinated right so I said I would just pay whatever it costs to get it, and it was to late.

Im mainly upset about the stew-mac tools, my router, and the guitar parts.. that stuff was all brand new so its all lost..

I appreciate the offer for donation, that means a lot community wise. But its ok. It just saddening. I WILL be taking you up on the shop offer though if we cant get the other thing worked out, and Im probably contacting you soon for some fretboard stuff. My girlfriend couldnt really understand why it was upsetting, but the white one was my first guitar ever to be built. Its ugly, and needs work, but it was sentimental. my old roomate sucks for not telling me before deciding to toss it, but he has other stuff of mine im trying to get so I dont want to start a fight.

tell her it was so upsetting because now everything has to be replaced, instead of buying her some jewerly you were planning on;

that is bad news; i could donate my busted up mastercraft router i dont use it, but it still works!

I own every tool you had except the surform and hand plane. I have a good deal of the wood and some of those guitar parts too. Just sketch out that design in full scale and I'll help you get back to where you were in no time.