Wanted - Neck And Inlay Master To Make Me A Neck!

whisky182

You know it's gunna cost you a fortune to have ANYTHING put on a board by an inlay "God". Inlay is NOT cheap! And alot of the inlay guys won't build the neck I don't think. So you're gunna probably have to find two people to work with.

Neck look to about $200? Then add the inlay from the inlay guy to that and think (from what I'm infering by "big ideas") $800.

Thats a $1000 neck....

Chris

ok, here's the situation, i've found myself a nice little fretboard with a sweet little inlay design on it, however; as i said, i can't make/ work with necks for toffee! would anyone be able to attach the fretbord to the neck & give it some frets for me? as i said before, for the right price ofcourse :D (preferably within the UK) :D

ok, here's the situation, i've found myself a nice little fretboard with a sweet little inlay design on it, however; as i said, i can't make/ work with necks for toffee! would anyone be able to attach the fretbord to the neck & give it some frets for me? as i said before, for the right price ofcourse :D (preferably within the UK) :D

PM me. I would have to check out the fretboard first, but I would certainly consider it. Where abouts in the UK?

Have you actually brought that fretboard yet ? Sorry to say but there's been nothing good said here about the stuff from Taiwan, the shell tends to be so thin that people have lost portions of the designs just radiusing it - i'm sure the result most people have ended up with is chucking it.

As Setch said, whereabouts are you - i'm South East and i'd have a look but the chances are i'd say no considering the experience of others....oh, and you don't even want to ask how much i'd charge to do something like that from scratch :D

Jem :D

Hay Batfink - Just out of curiosity, howmuch would you charge for an unfretted, non radiussed fretboard (just slotted) with those killer Dangermouse inlays. THEY'RE THE NUTS!!!!

Or even, just inlaying some dangermouses on a fretboard that I supply?

Or even just some dangermouse inlays and I'll inlay them?

I think that I have to have some of them for the next build :D

i'm from Oxford, i've not actually bought the board as such, but as soon as i can find someone who's willing to atleast look at it, i will. i'm buying it in from the US. any takers? fell free to PM me with location and a guestimate price range

just to confirm, i dnt want anything from scratch, i have the current jackson neck and just want the old fretboard taken off, the new one put on, some fret lines cut and some new 1's put on so i can get it back from whoever can do the work, attach it to my guitar and start playing the same day!

just to confirm, i dnt want anything from scratch, i have the current jackson neck and just want the old fretboard taken off, the new one put on, some fret lines cut and some new 1's put on so i can get it back from whoever can do the work, attach it to my guitar and start playing the same day!

*ahem*.....(reality check).....if you replace the fretboard without doing a fret level-crown-polish and setup, you'll be sorely disappointed in the playability.

*ahem*.....(reality check).....if you replace the fretboard without doing a fret level-crown-polish and setup, you'll be sorely disappointed in the playability.

i'm not a complete fool, i do know that some work will need to be done myself when i get the neck back on the guitar. i mean i just dont wanna be putting frets on myself or anything like that.