Rosewood P90 Covers...

Setch

Those are indeed very pretty.

Beats plastic

They look great. Looks like those are routed/cut from a solid piece? That's how I did some maple covers I made for p90's a while back. I think david(myka) sometimes makes pickup covers and rings from thin rosewood and ebony(think headplate thickness) by making a 5 sided box and trimming/drilling accordingly. Just a thought if you ever should end up with less than "just enough" wood for a solid cover.

peace,

russ

These are actually 'assembled' but in such a way that they look virtually seamless. I explained the way I built them in answer to a comment on the blog. The blanks were *nearly* big enough, but not quite - about 1 mm too narrow, and 3mm too shallow.

It's good to know they look like 1 piece - it took some head scratching to make them that way!

It's good to know they look like 1 piece - it took some head scratching to make them that way!

I've looked long and hard at those pics and I still cant see any seams

I'll be mounting them the traditional way, I just haven't drilled the holes yet :D

I assume the mounting holes are standardised just like the pole piece holes, but I figured I'd wait till I have the pickups before I drill the mount holes. Not that there's *anywhere* else they could go... but... um. Yeah, makes no real sense.