Accoustic to Jazz Box...

Hey, recently I came into posession of a cool custom solid body from the 60s. The electronics and the body are awful, and the neck is warped, but the pickups were absolutely amazing. I've been wondering what to do with them and since I've loved jazz for such a long time but can't afford a jazz box, im thinking of taking an acoustic, rebuilding to top to have f-holes and put the pickups in there. I've been building guitars and basses for awhile, so skill isn't really an issue. Just wondering what other people say about this, if you think im nuts and there's no way that this thing can work, feel free to say so. If you choose to be negative, at least give a reason though. On the contrary, if you don't think im insane for trying this, if anyone could give me some advice on removing the top of the acoustic, or if anyone could name a decent, cheap acoustic (hey, I don't want to waste my money if i screw up, it's happened before), I'd love it if you'd tell me. Thanks for any input you have, and this'll also be posted in solid-body, so you might want to check there for other responses.

Thanks in advance,

Dave :D

buy an acoustic kit...then it will be a better instrument and you don't have to take it apart...only put it together

good idea, i think ill start lookin around, but what im hoping for is one at a garage sale for a few bucks B):D