First Guitar Project

hawke

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/view.php?VEID=47...plGI&mesg=1

I have been visiting this website and following the tutorials. It's been a great help. Here is my first guitar project. It was built for under $500. I used basic tools and finished it in an orange craft dye and laquer from a spray bomb. The neck was from eBay and the other parts came from Stewmac and others. Couldnt get the StewMac dye and finishing materials as they won't ship to Canada! I had to improvise and use local materials...which by the way...cost way less.

Please comment and let me know what you think!

Cheers,

d

Nice guitar! Very clean and professional.

I can't speak for him, but I think he means the actual f-hole. I love it (the f-hole), but something seems a little off about it. At first I just thought it was the design, but now I think it's the rubbing compound inside that is throwing me off. :D It's hard to tell.

Regardless, great work!

CMA

Edited by CrazyManAndy

looks cool :D a nice original design that still looks 'right'. I like how the pickguard follows a sort of exagerated form of the body shape B) very cool :D and the lipstick humbuckers have got to sound differant!

I like the F-hole. If you're that bothered about the staining in the inside maybe get some acrilic paint (maybe black for a contrast?) and get an artists brush and very carefully paint the inside of the F-hole, or maybe try very carefully staining it a dark colour?

B) either way I'd be really proud of your first guitar! :D beats the crap out of mine I have to say!

Looks really nice. Are those GFS Lipstick Humbuckers?

they sure are GFS humbuckers. They sound awesome. I just ordered another pair of GFS for my next guitar. I ordered the ones with a chrome outer shell and white pearloid inner area. The GFS pickups are very affordable and sound great...!

Thanks for your comments!

Looks really nice. Are those GFS Lipstick Humbuckers?

they sure are GFS humbuckers. They sound awesome. I just ordered another pair of GFS for my next guitar. I ordered the ones with a chrome outer shell and white pearloid inner area. The GFS pickups are very affordable and sound great...!

Thanks for your comments!

Great work! I love the mix of styles, sort of ricky with a bit of firebird. The body finish is great, really nice job!

I've been enjoying all the comments. I have attached pictures of the guitar with the inside of the catseye painted black...per comments. Looks much cleaner now.

I've also given it a name. "Surfsedge" This fits the theme.

enjoy the pics!

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/view.php?VEID=47...oURI&mesg=1

D