Favorite neck join..

Guitarfrenzy

What type of neck construction do you prefer?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

hi

i think bolt-ons are so under-rated. they rule. especially all access neck joints found on all good ibanez guitars. they have a unique sound to them which i like. kinda bright and crystal like.

personally i don't like set-necks. i just don't like the fact that it is glued on. my uncle dropped his Gibson Les Paul studio head first, snapped the neck by the joint. it was terrible.

he has a Korina Telecaster with EMG 81's. that has been dropped neck first on plenty of occasions. it still rocks out the tunes. bolt on it is. they feel more stable to me. that's just my opinion.

Page.

I went with bolt on just because when it comes to customizing and repairs it is a much easier process. If you want to paint the body, you just take the neck off. If the neck bows or cracks, you just get a new neck. That's pretty much why Leo liked them too. :D

I don't really like or hate any of them, but I perfer the very good uppper fret access ones(eg set through neck and the like)

Guest AlexVDL

I chose Deep Set Neck Tenon because:

- the looks of a neck thru or set neck guitar, so no ugly bolts or neck plates

- very stable

- if contructed properly there's almost no glue, so no bad resonance :D

- more wood area touching the body, so better sustain (only theoretical!. Like you could hear the difference in real life :D )

- neck could be taken off the guitar and replaced if the neck got smashed

The last point is the only point I why I didn't choose for neck thru.

B)

Yeah I agree with ya Alex... The next guitar I make will be Deep Neck Tenon. There is another good reason to use it. The guitar body is still kept in one piece, unlike a neck through where the body is complete seperated. But basically with me, I could live with the old PRS bolt-in type as long as it's an all access type join. I can't stand a huge heel on a guitar....

• 2 weeks later...