Another New Design Idea

just a pic of the body idea really, not sure what headstock i'd use, maybe my 2+5 reverse style, similar to the one on the fanned fret 8...

7StringDesignIdea.jpg

figure it'll be alder body, maple neck through, ebony board, when i build it(who knows, probably sometime next year), i'll probably do the prototype in a solid finish, the round part of it will be semi carved where the horns will be flat, hence the illustrated cut out looking bit... 2 pickups, probably prototype it with a set of X2N7's and a 5 way fender style toggle, 2 volumes and a tone... 24 fret of course. i'm a big fan of thin waists on guitars, hence why this one may look so thin. its 13" wide at the widest point.

Edited by ElysianGuitars

Hey man thats wicked!! this thing would look deadly with an arch top look, the botom of the body is screaming for it

!!METAL MATT!! :D

thats what i tried to describe in my first post

HAHA I know, I was Agreeing with ya :D

I cant wait for you to get these guitars going man, its sucks not haveing a shop bleave me man I know how it feels

!!METAL MATT!! :D

the first time i looked at this i thought meh doesnt seem that spectacular but the more i look at the nicer it seems to get. especially with the details in now. great work. although something feels off about it...

just did a quick corel draw pic of what i would do i just think it flows a little better still needs fine tuning but u get the idea.

1448275639_l.jpg

the first time i looked at this i thought meh doesnt seem that spectacular but the more i look at the nicer it seems to get. especially with the details in now. great work. although something feels off about it...

just did a quick corel draw pic of what i would do i just think it flows a little better.

1448275639_l.jpg

thats pretty cool, and i was thinking the same, cause i was looking at the 1st pic with the headstock but with no real details like pickups and ofr7, and because of the angle i took the pic at, it kind of is distorted so it looks a little like that, and i thought it looked kind of cool

all i really did was shift the bottom back a little so it follows the top horn contour a little more but i would have the bottom waist cut in a bit sharper but like i said is just a quick idea. also made the top horn slioghtly shorter. ive gone design mad at the moment cuz i enjoy doing it so much lol.

I like the distortion idea .... it looks really cool :D

... not too sure about the headstock concept - what about a jackson dinky style reverse headstock?

i don't want to do copies :D

man i'm getting bored, i drew in the frets and colored the fretboard lol, i wish i had tools!

7StringDesignIdea3.jpg

Edited by ElysianGuitars

I see your point - i just think that the angle of the headstock would work well following the the line from the bottom left of the guitar (on the picture) to the upper horn... dont get me wrong i do like the headstock youve done, and i like your work that you have done previously, but i feel that you could do more with this one in particular!!! (thats a compliment!)

Edited by rob_tart

• 4 months later...
man i'm getting bored, i drew in the frets and colored the fretboard lol, i wish i had tools!

7StringDesignIdea3.jpg

That looks pretty slick Adam nice work! When are you getting tools? I really dig this!

finally making enough money to save up for the tools i still need, so hopefully not too long... gonna start school again in the summer i think, work on an associates in business, so i can eventually start my own shop and will at least have a small clue... gotta use the gi bill benefits for something...