Waterfall Babinga

Here is a picture of some beutifull Waterfall Babinga I came across.....Must have been some kind of screw up at the mill almost always this stuff get sliced into veneer stock. Someone must have been asleep at the wheel, but thats ok because I got some really awesome wood for tops..........Here is a sample.

You guys will have to let me know what you think of it.....I used a little naptha to wet it down.

Mike

dsc00575mp1.jpg

That's bubinga? Looks more like the african mahogany I got not too long ago, and has the EXACT same figure pattern, just your's is all over the board, mine fades a bit towards one edge. And your's is generally stronger... but yeah, same ribbon, then cross-hatch effect IMO.

This is the af. mahog. I was refering to:

whoamikidding.jpg

Chris

DUDE!! thats too much Babinga for you alone, send me some :D

!!METAL MATT!! :D

I really like the look of Bubinga(the natural color). The fact that you can find such amazing figure in this wood is icing on the cake. That is some really cool wood you have there. :D

That type of figure generally increases the bd. ft. price by about 2.5X reg. retail. The stronger quilted figures can increase the value by about 5X reg. retail. Regular retail is close to $10 for Bubinga.

Peace,Rich

I really like the look of Bubinga(the natural color). The fact that you can find such amazing figure in this wood is icing on the cake. That is some really cool wood you have there. :D

That type of figure generally increases the bd. ft. price by about 2.5X reg. retail. The stronger quilted figures can increase the value by about 5X reg. retail. Regular retail is close to $10 for Bubinga.

Peace,Rich

I paid mine 8$ board ft can. The dealer told me that it was standard to find figured bubinga :D

Philippe

Peace,Rich

I paid mine 8$ board ft can. The dealer told me that it was standard to find figured bubinga :D

Philippe

Philippe,

$10 was just a round number. Most places charge between $8-$12 bd. ft. Special select grade figured boards most definately sell for more. It is not uncommon to see figure in Bubinga(even in mixed bins). Much like you can find curly Maple in mixed bins of Maple. The exceptionally pieces most definately do hold higher value, and are just great bargains when you find them in a mixed bin.