let me start by saying i think most of theses rules are good and will contribute to the forum a lot..

it's just that some seem like IMHO and my understanding of them at this moment, that they may be detrimental to the forum..

The posting of wild, unsubstantiated rumors and speculations is prohibited.

speculations?..what exactly does this entail? can we speculate on what model guitars may come out next?or where an artist is going to take there career??

about politics, terrorism....etc..where do you draw the line? i'm pretty sure i've made comments about these, but what is actually an offense?

- Personal attacks or slanderous accusations against other members, moderators,  companies or people.

- Comments and actions that are racist, sexist, or homophobic.

- Insensitivity to other members.

- Grandstanding & Exhibitionism - making a controversial post to elicit replies and argument

- Messages that are disrespectful to other members

- "My favorite guitar player is better than your favorite guitar player" flame bait

- Anti-(insert band name here) flame bait

- Anti-Ibanez (or other brand guitar) flame bait

- Posting strong opinions about gear that you are not familiar with. If you don't know... ASK... and you will surely get help!

- Posts that are designed to incite replies and anger

- Any other posts geared toward creating havoc and disruptions.

- Any person attacking another forum member will receive a formal warning and have their message removed. Any future incident thereafter, will result in that member being removed from the forum permanently.

there is a place where i have offended profusely... B)

provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself

so you want us to change our locations i gather?

not sure if what i've said is prohibited. If it is, feel free to ban me..

it's just, it always seemed to me that PG was based a lot on freedom and fairness, and brian always said he wanted the forum to be member run...

if projectguitar wishes the forum to be a "you don't like it?, don't come" area then i'll respect that and shutup :D

but it just seems like such an unexpected turn, that i' ll take the risk..and not follow blindly without some form of clarity

Peace! :D

PS. sorry, started rambling on a bit didn't i? :D

As far as the "speculations" are concerned, that is more of the big picture in the sentence you quoted. It mainly concerns rumors about other members that could be misleading or deemed a violation of their personal right's.

I think just about everyone should know by now that the rant section is a fairly safe place as long as it doesn't get out of hand and become a slam fest for real against another forum member.

When it comes to the third quote you mentioned, that has to deal with both the e-mail account you have presently incase somebody want's to get in touch with you as well as locations in the classifieds section. Your saying "Down Under" pretty much sums's up the fact your in Australia so no worries there.

The forum will go on moderated just as it has in the past month, the rules changing at this point shouldn't effect anyone as they were meant to go into place a few months ago to give the Administration and Moderators the ability to do their task's without question.

Which at this point has been very little anyway. A few misspelled words in thread titles corrected and a couple of post's moved.