I Don't Understand This Guitar

westhemann

http://guitartrader.com/itempg.icl?orderid...amp;numitems=18

this guitar is foreign to me...it claims it is a tremelo...yet i see no place for a bar...and the nut does not lock...why would ibanez make a prestige model without one of their really nice zr or edge units?and why would anyone pay for a prestige with this trem?

and why the ugly ass set neck?every other maker has invisible set necks these days...

is there something i don't know about this guitar?

edit..well i found on ibanez where it has a bar...it seems to be a wilkinson-esque sort of thing...god what a way to ruin a nice guitar

Trust me - that's a trem. Look at the back...it has a cover for the springs! Plus it's more Wilkinson-esque, yes. My Ibanez is much nicer than that one too....I think the model is an S1640FM Prestige although they're all pretty similar really.

Clicky.

Edited by Prostheta

i thought about one of those prestige s models like yours...but i got that neck through fixed bridge rg with the active emg they just came out with instead...yours is an older model...no zr trem

one of my guitars is a 93? sabre from japan...h-s-s with the trem just like yours.very nice guitar but i need to refret the neck with some ss frets i have laying around.

plus i retrofited mine with emg 81 -s -s pickups

it's my very first high end guitar i ever bought...back in 93 i bought it with the hard case for almost $800...it was considered a steal at the time...one of the best guitars on the market

picture hosting...anyone know a good one...apparently my old hoster turned into a search engine of all things?

i have all of my old pics and new ones...but no place to put them

Flickr.com and Photobucket.com are both very good and free. I started on Photobucket but lately have been making more use of Flickr.

Regards,

Rob

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o199/we...pg?t=1165103955

okay...well photobucket works...but when my account is processed i will be better off...

i prefer to have westhemann.com available..you know?it's an ego thing :D

let me know if the link works for you guys

Link works great!

Rob

Woah! It's Westhemann. Good to see you back. 14 months was way too long.

I don't understand what's happened at Ibanez. They now have Prestige guitars made in Korea with MIJ prices, virtually everything comes in Black Pearl, paying $800 or so for a guitar that comes with an Edge Pro II or III (RGT42)...

People on the Ibanez forums are begging for guitars they quit making. Personally, I picked up an 89 RG550 and it's a better guitar than any of my guitars made after 2000.