Past Projects

Nice looking guitars. I think I'm noticing that you don't seem to be using Tone controls on some or all of those builds. LP4.jpg doesn't appear to have a tone control. Correct? Have you had to compensate the Volume control values? The reason I ask is because in my next build I was thinking of dispensing with the Tone control. I'm planning on using 2 Humbuckers with Volume pots of 500K; should I go to the 250K?

When playing the guitars without the Tone control to you wish you had the Tone control for more flexibility?

very curious

thx

Nice looking guitars. I think I'm noticing that you don't seem to be using Tone controls on some or all of those builds. LP4.jpg doesn't appear to have a tone control. Correct? Have you had to compensate the Volume control values? The reason I ask is because in my next build I was thinking of dispensing with the Tone control. I'm planning on using 2 Humbuckers with Volume pots of 500K; should I go to the 250K?

When playing the guitars without the Tone control to you wish you had the Tone control for more flexibility?

very curious

thx

500k pots will work fine, that particular guitar went to a freind that play mostly classic rock stuff....

jcm800 combo... lot's of bad company tunes, we are the same age and share the same taste.. i never use the tone control either

i do however wire most humbuckers up with pp pots as series/prarlell... lot's of tones available with that

you can wire it up without it and just leave room in the cavity for it in case you change your mind

What wes said

I LOVE that 3 piece top LP esque one

I LOVE that 3 piece top LP esque one

+1

You mind shedding some light on how you did that "melted" 3 piece top? Really nice work on all of them!

the "melted" {yes conklin rip-off} is done by overlaping the woods you want to join cut on the scroll saw... staying within the overlap... then glue them together, that one has some very thin strips of wenge seperating the main chunks..

clamping it all together is fun too :}

i'll post some pics of the process on the next one i do if you'd like

the "melted" {yes conklin rip-off} is done by overlaping the woods you want to join cut on the scroll saw... staying within the overlap... then glue them together, that one has some very thin strips of wenge seperating the main chunks..

Please do!

I've been wondering about this whole "melting" thing. Did you get tight joints straight from the scrollsaw?

I'm guessing the wenge strips are the same width as the saw cut? I wonder if it could be done with some kind of a routing jig.

Please do!

I've been wondering about this whole "melting" thing. Did you get tight joints straight from the scrollsaw?

I'm guessing the wenge strips are the same width as the saw cut? I wonder if it could be done with some kind of a routing jig.

contact me when your'e ready to try it and i'll be glad to walk you thru it

contact me when your'e ready to try it and i'll be glad to walk you thru it

I'm not going to try it anytime soon as I have a few other projects still on the go, but thanks for the offer. :D

I have a question though. The wenge veneer is filling the waste that the saw blade took, am I right?

So, if I wouldnt want any spacers, how would I go about doing that?

Very nice work on all of those guitars catfoosh. Congratulations.

I would also like to know more about that last guitar (lp4). Was this done as a way to use up some scrap pieces? Can you show us the back of the guitar?

Thanks.

yes... scraps.... i hate wasting pretty wood, the only pic i have of the back is one before it was finished

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/catfoosh/lpback1.jpg