Original Floyd Rose

People think his oppinions on many things are a bit strange. For example, I've heard that he thinks any guitar that is not US made is a POS, and he thinks Ibanez are ****, and he complains about evertything, and bla bla bla..... Nothing that should affect his trustworthyness when it comes to an OFR, I think.

You could chekc out eBay too.

he is not opposed to foriegn instruments...he seems to dislike the japanese and korean guitars immensely.but he reccomends german made schaller hardware and the floyd rose is made in germany.....he is a big advocate of buying american.

he just has his opinions,but he really dislikes ibanez so that's why you see alot of hatred for him,although last i heard he is now an ibanez dealer...go figure

ELX, if you have paypal I would be willing to sell you my original floyd rose if you would like it?

I bought it brand new planning to fit it to my guitar, but my lack of wood working skills is making me wonder if for my first guitar I should perhaps go for a fixed bridge. My design has a channel running down the centre of the guitar for the neck to sit in, so aligning the pockets for the bridge would only cause problems for me.

The bridge is the original and is literally brand new in the box. All I've done is open the package and rest it on my guitar blank to see how thick it was. I also added a blob of wax oil to the socket the arm pivots in to prevent it seizing or wearing away. At room temperature the stuff is a wax like material that's very slippery, as friction increases and it gets warm it starts changing to a liquid on it's surface so it kind of redistributes itself to the areas where wear is at it's highest. Nifty stuff.

I paid $159 for mine without P&P. I'm not sure how that compares to what others have paid or what you were looking for but I would like to resell it for the same since it's still brand new.

You can check my posts out on here and hopefully see that I'm not going to sell you a lemon. I purposely set out to keep the bridge pristine in case I decided to sell it again.

I also have a Hipshot Tremsetter for the bridge which is also still new in it's box. It's very easy to install. I don't know if you've checked up about them but they stabilise the tremolo and prevent it from warbling on notes or moving as you perform bends and vibratos.

I would really prefer to sell them both together as I have no use for the Tremsetter once the tremolo goes.

I don't want to sound insulting but I'm not really open to debating the price as I would rather keep them than loose money on perfectly new stuff. :D

Let me know if you'd be interested in them. Oddly enough I was just considering making such a post on here to see if anyone would like the bridge.

I am in the UK, so I'm not sure how far apart we are.

All the best,

John

(Who loves Ibanez's guitars B))

I'm not really open to debating the price as I would rather keep them than loose money on perfectly new stuff.

I'll have to remember that line next time i trade in my car... :DB)

Ed sells them for $139, $6 postage US wide. I did find a place on the web doing them for $119 USD for an OFR, but ive been unable to find the store since (6 months ago).

ELX, if you have paypal I would be willing to sell you my original floyd rose if you would like it?

Is your Floyd a Gold One

Sorry ELX, mines just chromed. :D:D

I've noticed the gold plating seems to rub off or tarnish on bridges I've seen, I don't know if that's common or not. They sure look funky while they're still bright gold though. Bright gold on a deep blue is my favourite!

I'll have to remember that line next time i trade in my car...

I know... it sounds horrible! I am getting really tired of always being the one who ends up 50 pounds down though! B)

I'm still dealing with this asswipe who sold me the $9 tuners for $50 for example. A lot of stuff on ebay they sell as brand new and in the box when in reality you can be sure at least 50% of it is actually the floor model put back in it's box and sold on, or returned goods.