Tremsetters And D-tunas

So, i'm making this awesome guitar. it's frickin sweet on paper. and actually, i've gotten very far into actually making it. anyways, it's gonna have an original floyd rose, and so i'm trying to find some ways to make it even more amazing, and mainly in the tuning department. so, i was looking for some advice from guys experienced with these pieces of hardware.

my first idea was to use an evh d-tuna with a tremstabilizer (i know, nothing revolutionary). anyways, everything i've heard about the hipshot and wd versions are that they really get annoying when doing some crazy divebombing (which i do, so that's not a plus); i.e. notchs in the movement of the trem, calibration issues, more tension in the trem. anyways, i was wondering if that new tremol-no would do the same thing. and if anyone had some experience with it, i could use some feedback on it, so i know if there's any kinks to it.

another thing i was thinking about is using more than one dtuna on a guitar. first, the problems, just to get them out of the way:

-the dtunas might be too big to use on strings next to each other.

-using alot of them would seriously de-balance the entire guitar

so, my solution again to the second problem would be a stabilizer. and, hoping that the dtunas actually fit with each other, you could have one on every string. so, you could go from standard tuning, to drop d, to a full drop very quickly (or some really weird tunings too).

so anyways, my real question here is what would be the best tremolo stabilizer to use with a d-tuna, and what do you think of my outlandish idea?

I know Brian's got a Tremol-No, and I know that I want one too :D Maybe you could ask him about it.

Also, with the D-Tuna idea, The Tuna's website says:

Q: Can I use the D-Tuna on any other strings?

A: It will change the pitch of any string but it is designed for the low "E" string only.

My guess by the wording of the question and answer is that it WILL detune any string, but it won't tune it to the pitch you want it to go to. I'm assuming that the gears and internal workings of the D-T are such that it is calibrated for the distance between E and D for the most common gauge strings and that's it.

Have you checked out the Hipshot Trilogy? Yeah it ain't exactly the whammy king, but in this case, alternate tunings seem to be more of your concern, no? It's on the Hipshot website, it might be up your alley.

Of course, assuming you haven't bought the hardware for the guitar yet :D

actually, i have already bought it.

anyways, from what i've found out so far, if i use the tremol-no, i would have to put the t-No in the Deep C configuration in order to keep the other strings in tune. which means that i wouldn't be able to pull up on the trem. hmmm, not sure i like that.

next question... how about the hipshot tremsetter? looking at the design, i should be able to change the dtuna and the rest of the guitar would still stay in tune, correct? also, is the "notch" when moving the tremolo really all that bad? anyone with experience with this device would be greatly appreciated

To be perfectly honest, i dont think any tremolo stabiliser will work for what you want! Its one of the things you have to accept with trems, no massive tune ups without a big wait! That said, the hipshot tremsetter is alright. I wouldnt buy one again, but it was alright. made a difference, but the things are so bloody fiddly to set up i dont think ican be arsed with em again.

If you want lots of tunings, have you looked at a hipshot trilogy? Not a trem, but exactly what you're looking for in terms of multiple tunings? Or you could learn some of those doyle dykes tricks (if you've seen him live u'll understand :D)

S