Who Can Make A Pickup For Me?

Svento

Why do I need to explain this? I play violin and I've tried different kinds of PU:s. Others have too and they've made experiments. To pick bowed tones (where the strings don't move much vertically) the PU must be optimized to pick vertical string movements. No coil must cross two strings.Individual coils placed between the strings. I'm not particularly interested in the theory behind it. This is how it works and I'm in a need for a PU. Guitar type constructions don't work.

Once again: I'M TRUELY SORRY HAVING THE BAD TASTE OF BRINGING THIS SUBJECT UP. PLEASE GO BOTHER SOMEONE ELSE. I JUST WANT TO FIND SOMEONE TO MAKE A PU FOR ME. CASE CLOSED.

Are you serious...you post this here and then return with more requests in another post...previous thread

You didn't even leave the posts you previously had written up, deleted them all...very bad form if you ask me. If you have something to say, or you haven't made it clear, just let it be known...don't delete words if you can't live with them.

I actually do have an interest in these things and have done research and practical work on such things through the sustainer thread...furthermore, my daughter is quite the violinist, and I have access to spare instruments to experiment on...not really any point now for you, and as she is becoming a teenager, dad is pleased to announce that she has suddenly discovered the joy of riffing out on an electric guitar.

pete

Man, I think Svento set a new record for fastest wigging-out by a new member.

Seriously, Svento--put down the Stradivarius and pour yourself some cognac. Lighten up! You can't expect people to help you out if you aren't willing to explain why you want something to be different. You say you want someone to wind up a pickup with the coils between the strings because you think it'll be better for sensing vibrations unique to a violin. Okay, great. What impedance are you looking for? Do you know what size of magnets or even the type this project will need? These are just a couple out of many questions anyone here would ask about the project. Maybe you're trying to patent whatever ideas you have. Good on you. But coming in here and acting like a princess and then deleting all of your posts because someone challenged your assumptions is just whack. Grow up, dude.

Man, I think Svento set a new record for fastest wigging-out by a new member.

Yes, which is a shame because it would be an interesting discussion and may have lead to something, refined his ideas and even achieved what he wants. Let's face it, that is a lot of what the sustainer thread is about and has had quite a bit of success...at least people seem to have kept themselves amused with it...

Actually...the sustainer driver is a pickup in reverse, in many respects and I have gone through and built many purmutaions as people are probably aware. What Svento is getting at, I think is very similar to some of my stuff, and I can immediately get where he is coming from. Piezo's are probably the better solution and will pickup any vibration in the bridge and body and give a fairly acoustic sound, or could be heavily processed for a more electric effect...as has been suggested.

So, I can see the problem and something of what he is trying to achieve and how he might be able to achieve it...but this kind of approach is not productive. Also, as the sustainer thread has shown...you can go on for pages and pages about stuff, but the real work comes from getting in there and trying stuff out, making mistakes and working towards a goal and refining that goal along the way...

Even if it is some kind of patentable idea...having someone else make the device really doesn't cut it as an invention and really is taking advantage of the 99% perspiration to the 1% inspiration that you may have.

Also...you do realise that this is a guitar forum...what is in it for anyone to develop and make violin pickups, if their chosen main instrument is guitar? I'd have loved to help you out with some ideas and some benefit from my experiences, but it sounds like a use to me and a shame that you can't see why some may feel offended by your approach...

pete

Svento- I would like to discuss this pickup designs with you. I have quite some experience winding standard and custom pickups. I am also about to build an electric cello for a friends daughter so this might be a great way to prepare the electrics for that one.

I looked in your first post but there was no info of what you are looking for so please PM me for a discussion of what could be done and IF I can do something for you..