What Is Wrong With My Guitar?

Here's a stupid question: Does it stay in tune? I'm thinking a bad tuner. Also check the bridge for any flexing. But Perry may be correct; maybe you may not have to lower the poles but that side of the pickup?? Does the e string have a similar problem?

Here's a stupid question: Does it stay in tune? I'm thinking a bad tuner. Also check the bridge for any flexing. But Perry may be correct; maybe you may not have to lower the poles but that side of the pickup?? Does the e string have a similar problem?

No. That's what is so crazy, I've changed strings, adjusted the pickups, intonation, and saddle height. I thought it may be the fret, but it's brand new and hammered in tight.

So, it sounds as though its an electronics issue. Next time you change strings, check under the hood, maybe there's not enough shielding or it's a form of feedback from the amp. What kind of pickups? You may also (Check with the moderator first) see if you can post this in the electronics forum, or link the thread, but check with the moderator on how to proceed so you don't have 2 threads going simultaneously. One more thought on the pickups: is it the neck or bridge pickup or when bothare on? If its when they're both on they may have been wired incorrectly which would probably mean that you may have to only switch a couple of wires around.

is the string old?may have lost it's tone...hard to tell by "wawawa"

Strings are pretty new as is the guitar itself.

If it doesn't do this again, and these are the strings that were on the guitar when you bought it, change them.

Any weird string snafus, tuning issues, step 1 must ALWAYS be: put fresh strings on. Any strings older than 2-3 weeks, IMO, should be replaced if you're having issues.

Thats wierd that it only happens at the 5th fret harmonic. What about and open string harmonic at the nut or 12th fret or just playing the open string? Does it happen with those notes as well? Is it possible that intonation would have anything to do with it? I tend to agree with the pup height too but you say they are very low. I would try to raise them for a test first then also try the other frets and check the intonation.