Fernandes Sustainer Vs. Sustianiac

thomasgrant

Anyone have experience with both? Pros / Cons for each. I've searched and haven't found much of anything for either.

I am looking to use one of these in a future project. I know I've looked at them closely before. Are either available in black? The guitar I am planing will be black/gray. I have no desire for a white pickup.

I have the Fernandes and im happy with it. Last week i tried a Jackson guitar with Sustainiac, and i got the impression that the Sustainiac maybe was a bit more powerfull...if you know what i mean. It could be the strings, set up etc.

Anyway, i think a sustainer is one of the coolest thing to have on a guitar.

AFAIK (As Far As I Know) Fernandes and Sustainiac are 2 different companies. The guy that heads up Sustainiac is one of the originators of the idea. He's put alot of years into the development of it and I would think he's got a better product ultimately. But the Fernandes is more well known and is used by certain artists like Steve Vai, and Robert Fripp to name a couple. I think Fernandes offers the choice of Black or White. (at least Steve Vai has white ones!)

The way I understand it, both are good. But I think the sustainiac is slightly better. Also more expensive though.

Um, Sustainiac has a really great website that showcases their products quite nicely. The thing I like about their system is the fact that you don't have to add another route to the guitar for the circuit board AND you can have a neck humbucker option. They'll pretty much customize the whole thing to your installation, rather than having to work the installation around the product.

• 5 months later...