ACG build progress.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a bit of a change today I actually got some woodwork done instead of the constant finishing I have been doing for the last 3 weeks.

Got the neck into the body of the 9 string. I had to make up a sub base for my router as the pocket was so wide the router would have toppled into the cavity which would have made accuracy almost impossible. So one piece of 12mm acrylic later I was up and running.

2984059185_9d3a2220d4.jpg

2984059189_638b4a0bcd.jpg

I will have the

Camphor Recurve 4

Harlot 6

Finn 4 fretless.

Skelf 5.

Harlot R Type.

There will also be a few customer basses about as well.

This is the last one to be finished.

Harlot R Type prototype.

Santos Rosewood top with 5 mm Zebrano accent and an American Black Walnut body.

7 piece neck Mac Ebony/Bubinga/Maple/Wenge. Acrylic impregnated Zebrano finger board 35" scale alloy side dots and no radius.

ABM bridge Hipshot Ultralites Schaller straplocks.

ACG EQ01

ACG SB pickups ceramic magnet in the bridge Alnico in the neck.

Finish Lacquer.

2987193008_b47ecdcc5a.jpg

• 2 months later...

Been a while since I posted so a few basses to show what I have been doing for the last few months.

Body core in Swamp Ash with a Mahogany top.

7 piece Wenge/Maple neck with a book matched Acrylic impregnated Spalted Maple finger board.

2 ACG FB pickups with coil switching and a Hipshot A Type bridge with piezo saddles.

Bridge pickup and piezo are switchable before the feed into the lowpass filter on the ACG EQ01 pre=amp. This allows the bass to be set up as bridge pickup and neck pickup or piezo and neck pickup. Full EQ of the piezo is allowed with his set up and blending between the piezo on the neck pickup.

East low battery indicator.

3236772590_308e1bcb6b.jpg

Edited by skelf

Blackheart Sassafras top with a white limba body.

Purpleheart/wenge /flame sycamore neck with acrylic impregnated Zebrano finger board. Zebrano knobs made by THG.

SB and FB narrow format passive electronics volume 4 way rotary switch used to combine the picks. This gives you bridge/bridge/neck in series?bridge/neck in parallel/neck.

Second rotary switch is for coil switching in the neck pickup.

A good range of sounds are produced with this set up.

3222996787_b8dee93c9a.jpg

4 piece wenge/bubinga body. 7 piece maple/wenge neck with an Acrylic impregnated Ziracote finger board.

ACG EQ01 pre-amp with 18 volt supply, ACG FB pickups with coil switching,low battery indicator.

Hipshot Type A Ultralites and Schaller straplocks.

Finish lacquer.

3177580265_1c7c343288.jpg

A bit more done on Dave's bass.

The pickup routes have been done and the tuning unit attached and the bass strung up for the first time. The pickup is just there wired straight to a jack to give me a signal to tune the bass and check the intonation in order to get the position of the bridge unit containing the saddles.

3254117344_d71308f3de.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Spec

Camphor Burl top and back with a Flame Sycamore body. Bubinga/Flame maple neck with a bookmatched Acrylic Impregnated Spalted Maple finger board. The fingerboard and the Camphor both came from Larry at Gallery Hardwoods.

Custom 15 mm string spacing ETS bridge/tuners and ABM headpiece.

ACG SB pickups and the EQ01 pre-amp.

Oil finish.

3344806012_c7fab13cf5.jpg

• 3 weeks later...