ACG build progress.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Claro Walnut on that one all though I can see why you would think it might be Mac Ebony.

Just about to start this Reurve.

The spec.

Black Limba body with a burl Redwood top black accent veneer.

Neck Wenge/Limba 5 piece with a quilted Maple fingerboard.

Redwood headplate wenge backplate and heel.

Green LEDs on the side of the neck.

Hardware in Black

ACG FB pickups.

ACG pre-amp.

Hipshot Type A.

Hipshot Ultralites

2124560073_4b4183f18b.jpg

• 1 month later...

I just came across this thread yesterday and just now finished getting through it all. All I can say is simply gorgeous! Your instruments are definitely pro quality and you seem to get through them so quickly! Great work man!

One question. Many of the singlecuts I've seen have incorporated a neck through construction, and I see that you are using either set neck or bolt on construction for these instruments. Is there a reason you prefer these methods? I can see that it allows for alot of variation in the woods you can use for the neck, making for tonal and aesthetic differences that may not otherwise be possible or practical. Is this it?

I use set neck in all the single cuts and bolt on with the double cuts. I simply prefer set neck as a construction method to a thru neck I think it gives you what is good about a thru neck and a bolt on. It also uses less wood and as you say makes some options usable that would not be otherwise.

alan

• 2 weeks later...