Ok, bought paint, got easy questions...

Ok guys, yesterday I just happened to have been at a place that carried Krylon rattle can paint. I bought one can of black, and a can of the "satin" overcoat. Is it a bad idea to use the rattle can as opposed to the automotive paint? I have access to both, and with every car-related thing I've done - rattle can just has not performed like I had hoped. This is part of the reason I only bought one can of it. The other being - I don't know how many to buy anyways. :D I was just wondering if this would turn out good with what I have just bought, or should I just slap the car paint on it, and use the satin clear on it?

i don't have experience with the rattle rout, but i seem to recal people saying rattle can's are only good until there's 1/2 or 1/4 after that they sputter to much so you have to open a new can, i would estimate you'd need about 4 cans of colour and 4 cans of clear, but again just a guess. If you have access to automotive paint, do you also have access to a spray gun and some resperators?? that may yeild the best reselts... that said i use a brush and roller to paint :D

My experiance with rattle can's would be patience, lots of it and let them dry completely between coats. If you do the prep work to the 10th degree first so your baby smooth to begin with then your fine. You may get some orange peel or tangerine skin but this smooths and buff's out pretty easy. The biggest problem I have had so far is sand throughs :D but thats due to my rushing the job usually.

1 can actually will color a body with plenty left over if your going to clearcoat over it.