Jem 777 Neck Measurements

JEM Neck DimensionsScale Length: 648mm/25.5"

Width At Nut: 43mm

Width At Last Fret: 56mm

Thickness At 1st Fret: 19mm

Thickness At 12th Fret: 21mm

Radius: 430

http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=JEM...mp;u=138#detail

Thanks much! I bought a compound radius fretboard - this won't affect anything, right?

It should not affect making the neck in the same dimension with the exception of the radius.

• 1 month later...

I came across the same measurements in my web perusal, and was wondering if those measurements are from the top of the fretboard, or just the neck itself? In good ol' American maths, we're looking at .74" and .82" for 19 and 21mm, respectively, which is pretty much the size of the Warmoth "wizard" neck profile. So they match up, I was just wondering if anyone could confirm it for me.

Jee-zus, that's pretty thin. I've played JEMs, and it never came off as THAT thin.

So we've got 3/4" from the top of the fretboard, minus 1/4" for the fretboard. The actual neck is 1/2" thick. Were I to get a StewMac truss rod, it needs a channel .437" deep. That leaves .063" behind the truss rod?? That's some mighty tight tolerances.....

You need to play with the variables.Ibanez does not use a 1/4" fretboard as far as i know.most of mine are more like 3/16"

They also use a thinner truss rod than the stewmac...try the lmii.

Also...plan on a volute.

I thickness my fretboards down as far as is feasable,use a volute,and use medium size frets.all that translates to a pretty damn thin neck.

Yeah, I was planning on a volute regardless. It's style :D And good point, I forgot about sanding the fretboard down, which is going to happen.

Speaking of frets, LMII sells SS fretwire for much cheaper (well, actually, smaller quantities) than the other site you sent me :D As scary as everyone says it is, I'm looking forward to fretting a board.