Wah Troubles

natedogg319

i am looking for some help on improving my wah sound. i play ibanez rg's on a line 6 spider 2 2x12, and i bought the fbv express pedal for it which includes the wah. my problem is i get sort of a weak wah, there isnt much shape to it, and its not very intense. id like a much more intense and noticeable wah.. is there anything besides buying another pedal youd suggest? thanks for any help everyone!

Nate

Is there any sort of upgrade for the Spider? The wahs included in the PowerPack add-on (not sure if it can be installed on Spiders) includes some Wahs with very wide expression. Though, I have to admit, the one included by default is one of the wider ones. Far wider than most "real" wahs, actually. Is it possible that you're just using such treble-heavy tones that you're not noticing the wah's effect? (which will tend to de-emphasize bass and emphasize treble as you step on it)

Greg

Can you reposition the wah in relation to the distortion circuit? Some people use the wah before any overdrive pedals, some use it after. I have the original Pod Pro, I can adjust a lot of the settings via my PC which aren't accessable via the unit alone...you might be able to do the same?

well to answer the first reply.. my EQ on my amp is at bass- 10 mid - 6 or 7 treble - 10, the pedal that does my wah is actually and upgrade to the spider amp, and i use my wah with basically all ranges of notes, low and high.

to the next post my distortion came on the ampeven before i got the pedal, i bought the fbv express pedal and that puts my four presets from theamp onto that pedal and gives me a wah/volume pedal, so all of my stuff is on the same pedal, but the distortion came on the amp so i guess that could be considereddistortion then wah possibly. im not so sure i can access my pedal from my computer either, i think my pedal is a step down from the one you can do that with. i will read up on that though.

thanks for the help guys.

nate

• 2 weeks later...

There's not a lot you can do to the wah on the spider II, its not particularly tweekable (like all the effects on the spider really).

I did manage to get a better sweep out of mine by taking appart my FBV express and bending the small piece of metal that's attached to the 'pedal' part that's actually used to controll the sweep (by shining an infra-red LED on it I think by the looks of it). Can't remember which way I bent it so you'll have to experiment I'm affraid.