The Most Ergonomic Guitar

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am cursed with needing the Fender fore-arm contour. There's some tunes I play(my own), where I just have to have a body like that, or I can't play it as well.

It can definitely be a problem especially for those with shoulder problems. The nice thing is that even acoustic guitars can get into the act where the problem is even more pronounced. Linda Manzer came up with the "wedge" guitar where the bass side of the guitar is narrower than the treble side. And, Leo Burrell actually twists and warps the top and body to create a forearm contour in his designs. Both pretty interesting concepts.

Regards,

Robert

I personally think the Burrell guitars might be overdoing it a bit. I've never played one, but I'll bet cash (which is just as good as money) that the extreme arch on his tops result in a loss of the kind of flexibility and responsiveness one expects in a good acoustic top. That kind of arch can only make the whole top more stiff.