Set Neck Questtion

That burst is lovely

Great job so far!!! Only comment I can make is that the picture of the burst has a pair of scissors (aka: pointy-sharp guitar finish killers with handles) laying dangerously close to your great work of art. Be careful!!!!

Can't wait to see images of the finished Les Paul.

While that picture looked ok, in person the burst was dark and too orange and I just couldn't like it. Decide to start over from scratch on the top.

Much closer to a faded Cherry Burst

Picture%20019.jpg

Damnz I missed the HB route some with a scew I used to temporally hold the top to the body. Hopefully the mounting ring will hide that.

Edited by themortarman

I like the new burst too :D

nice, I preferred the darker one I think but to each his own.

Just wondered whether this should maybe be in the WIP section? It would be beneficial for anyone searching for LP's under construction for tips & ideas...I usually search the entire site but for a more streamlined search I'd go for a specific section such as "in progress".

Mortarman, I just came across this thread. Very nice! I'll bet you can't wait to get it strung up.

Were you able to work out the 1/4" binding in the cutaway?

I don't know anything about Golden Age pups. I put a Duncan Custom and Duncan Pearly Gates (bridge and neck) in the LP I completed recently. My son is the player and he is very happy with them.

Great work.

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice! It really turned out well I think. I like the hardware colors and everything, very well done. One cool aspect about this project is could probably get away with telling people its black limba binding, lol, jk. Very nice work, keep the pic coming. J