Neck Help!

I just had my neck cut and it now looks as though some measurements are off. The truss rod slot at the headstock end seems to be about a mm off center and the width of the neck at the nut position is a little skinnier than the nut I bought. Could I file the edges of the nut about a mm off each side to make the nut fit or will this screw up everything? Is it ok that the truss rod is a bit off center? So basically should I scrap the neck or continue with it.

Thanks

hmm.. with a double rod you should be ok, if it was a single compression type it might cause warping problems down the road.... that is a pretty narrow nut..... is the fingerboard on there? you could make the FB the desired size and maybe gain some width that way??? and just sand a little differently to blend the 2 widths together

Fingerboard isn't on yet but I got a gibson type nut which sits at the end of the fretboard not into it like a fender type nut would so I dont think I could get the thickness back with the fretboard. The more I look at the neck the more pissed I get. I have a piece left over that I think I might use to just do it over. The only problem is its not wide enough for the headstock so I guess I will have to glue on some ears. Ticks me off because I bought a big piece of qtr sawn mahogany so I didn't have to glue anything together. I guess I could try and salvage the already cut piece but I just had this vision of everything thing being perfect. Its more like a mirage now.