Dual truss rods?

Just a random thought, i think someone may have asked it but.... what the hell... so if you had like a wide 7 string neck, that was of course had a pretty thick back, i wonder if there'd be much benfit to using 2 truss rods instead of 1 truss rod and 2 carbon rods on either side? maybe set really low action for the light strings and a little higher on the heavy strings?? in essence, giving you a controlled warp in the neck??

yup, i know some rickenbacker basses have 2 truss rods. but if this is going to be adjustable at the nut the joint will be very weak because the recessed area for the truss rod nut will compromise the rigidity, and make for a very weak headstock.

Yeah, that's true. It's almost required to have the adjustment at base of the neck if you use two truss rods.

hmmm,,, thanks alot, so something like a 6 string bass would probably be a good case to try out 2 truss rods (side by side) ?, i was just going to load the neck up with carbon

hmmm,,, thanks alot, so something like a 6 string bass would probably be a good case to try out 2 truss rods (side by side) ?, i was just going to load the neck up with carbon

The only axes I've ever seen dual truss rods on are many-stringed basses [with the odd exception of the Rickenbacker 4003]. Here's a good pic, you can see the adjustment holes:

trb6ii_closeup.jpg