Nuts Width In Inches Help Needed !

Hello,

When it comes to buy stuff in the US (Warmoth neck) I'm totally lost with the british imperial units; inches !

I cannot find a website where I can simply enter 1 11/16 to get the size in mm :D so what are the nuts mm sizes for:

• 1-1/2 in.
  • 1-11/16 in.
  • 1-13/16 in.
  • 1-3/4 in.
  • 1-5/8 in.
  • 1-7/8 in.

Which ones are standard ones for Fender ? I think my stratocaster and custom telecaster are 43/44 mm.

Am I right that those are the FULL widths of the nut and not the length between the 2 outer strings ?

Cheers !

I just checked Fender.com and it says their American series Tele & Strat nuts are both 1.6875” (43 mm). Strange Warmoth does not provide an exact nut size ! So I'm not sure whether I'd be more comfortable with the 1-11/16 in. 42.8mm OR 1-3/4 in. 44.45mm :s

Looks like they're just rounding the millimeter measurements.

They're almost always rounded, not much of a point in having a 43.434098 mm measurement when it can simply be 43.5mm. Unless of course you're measuring something that requires precision such as slotting fret slots, that's a whole different story!

Use this site for converting, or google.

http://www.initium.demon.co.uk/converts/metimp.htm

They're almost always rounded, not much of a point in having a 43.434098 mm measurement when it can simply be 43.5mm. Unless of course you're measuring something that requires precision such as slotting fret slots, that's a whole different story!

Sure, except 1 5/8 is closer to 41mm than 42mm. I think that they should give the accurate measurement no matter what unit. I still don't know if the imperial or the metric value is the actual length..

Use this site for converting, or google.

http://www.initium.demon.co.uk/converts/metimp.htm

Hehehe, 43.434098 would round to 43.4, not 43.5.

[/perfectionism]

Sure, except 1 5/8 is closer to 41mm than 42mm. I think that they should give the accurate measurement no matter what unit. I still don't know if the imperial or the metric value is the actual length..

It was just an example. :D But if you have any conversion questions, just ask!

Hehehe, 43.434098 would round to 43.4, not 43.5.

[/perfectionism]

Have fun measuring precisely to 43.4mm on a nut, I don't see .1 of a millimeter mattering a great deal. I just round to the .5's and the .0's because that's all I can measure to. This is where a digital caliper that can do both metric and imperial comes in great use.