5-string Bolt-on

I actually got a poor joint on the longer horn on the Padauk, but I can easily clamp it down to where it's tight. I've used the vacuum system 4 times now, 3 out of the 4 times I have had flawless joints. I'm waiting till I'm a little further along to fix the issue with the glue joint . I believe the vacuum system puts in about 15 PSI.

Nearly complete with the carve. I went over the top with a chamfer bit and I'm trying to work the angle into the body a bit more. I've spent a couple hours working on it with a fingerplane blade, I still have a lot to even up! It's hard to tell that there is even a carve in some spots on the Padauk, it all blends in together.

5-string%20Spector%2029.jpg

5-string%20Spector%2030.jpg

I actually stared at the bottom pic for a while before reading the post and I gotta say I thought it looked pretty damn cool! I actually much prefer how it looks now over the pic a few posts up where it only had a slight carve and no body wood showing. Even if it was a little over routed, your not supposed to say it, just say you did the carve like that on purpose :D lol. For some reason the carve made the body look a fraction smaller, which I thought was cool, though either way no biggie. I dunno, I think it looks really cool Jon, nice stuff man. Are you happy with it? Keep the pics coming, this is one cool bass. J

Edited by jmrentis

I'm definitely happy with it. I have changed the direction of the carve 3 times now and this one is most definitely the best overall. I'm very glad I could work the contrast of all the woods together. It wont be so ergonomic now that the carve is so deep, but I'm going to try my best to smooth it into the body so it will be comfortable to play. The body is pretty small, I think it's right around 11 7/8" wide at the widest point, I'll have to double-check.

I brought out some chisels to start speeding up my work and those are definitely accomplishing what I'm looking for. Just gotta be careful not to nick myself with the blades, I have sharpened them to be "scary sharp".