My 31 Fret Sound Clip

MikeB

I have been awake nigh on 38 hours. Stayed up all night watching 24 season 1 and recording stuff. I recorded this tune using my 31 fret guitar. I hadn't been playing in a few weeks and seriously felt it!

http://rapidshare.com/files/42937152/metal...s_five.mp3.html

select the free download.

Anyway, its in Ab Eb Ab Db F Bb tuning with 011 - 070s. Reason kit. Bass guitar tuned an octave below.

this is how she looked unfinished.

guitar002.jpg

guitar001.jpg

finished:

(signed by Michael Nyman)

guitar%20shot.jpg

Anyway, its called metal takes five - from the upcoming unofficial album release "Five takes of take five" by me and aaron marshall. The tunes have or have been near take five at some stage, and we have adapted them. The idea was to make different adaptions, but finally we decided upon making a pissery of it, and just putting the faintest hint of it in, and running with a Korn-esque riffery with a kinda fusion style lead.

To my defence the lead was first take, at 3.20am whilst drinking Budvar, I am happy enough (and too lazy to repair it).

For the guys who remember this guitar when I had made a yellow pine body, this is the revamped improved shape. The yellow pine got filthy too since it was oiled and not maintained! It was askin for a re-doin... had worn the cheap floyd out!

Hope you guys enjoy this!

Mike

Gear:

V-amp pro direct in

31 fret guitar - EMG 89

Wesley (eBay) bass

GHS strings

PS on its way is the 8 string, I have all the parts now :D (except for the nut)

guitarwoods.jpg

cheers man! download should be fine, just select free on Rapidshare.

3 pots: vol, tone for the humbucker "side" of the 89, and tone for the singlecoil tap.

take it easy,

Mike