A Solution?

It's only an inch thick. I thought that it I would need to add a top to it (which will be annoying since I've already shaped it)

But now a thought just came to me.

I could use it as a neck-thru, couldn't I? I mean, I have wood big enough to use as a neck through...

I wouldn't want to cut the body in half and then glue each side onto the neck, rather, create a neck joint that goes all the way through the body. Like underneath it.

I'd create a channel from the top of the body (neck end) to the bottom of the body (bridge end) but I'd only cut it about half deep and stick the neck in that.

Thing is... would the body crack or anything?

Edited by Shapedude

If I understand you correctly you have a body but yet no neck and you are planning on buying a ready made (or make one yourself) neck-through central core that you will sink into you body? That would look a bit like the firebirds elevated central core, only with a thinner elevated core? Might work. You just have to be ware of any neck angle (as with every build).

But it is already shaped. Easiest thing to do is start over. (If this is a two piece body you could resplit it lengthwise, then find a really big saw slice the resulting pieces lengthwise the other way to make top and back pieces. Then it is a matter of making a middle out of a different kind of wood and regluing. This would not really be worth doing, but if you did, you would have a story you could tell for the rest of your life!)

I'd probably just put a 1/2" top and a 1/4" back on it (or some combination thereof).

But it is already shaped. Easiest thing to do is start over. (If this is a two piece body you could resplit it lengthwise, then find a really big saw slice the resulting pieces lengthwise the other way to make top and back pieces. Then it is a matter of making a middle out of a different kind of wood and regluing. This would not really be worth doing, but if you did, you would have a story you could tell for the rest of your life!)

I'd probably just put a 1/2" top and a 1/4" back on it (or some combination thereof).

Oh, right, didn't catch that. :D